Discuss What do I charge? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Gooner87

Unsure what to charge as I don't normally do privates because I'm employed direct but been asked to give a price for a job. It's to re-wire a lighting circuit. The feed is there but They want 16 down lights (I won't be putting in the lights just connecting the j.b's just wondered what you guys thought on pricing up jobs. The room is approx 6mx7m so not huge area either and it's a commercial premises so T&E
cheers :hair:

- - - Updated - - -

Materials supplied

Hourly rate plus materials. Its that easy on a small job like that. Will you be providing any extra switching ? And how come you are not connecting the lights up ?

Unsure what to charge as I don't normally do privates because I'm employed direct but been asked to give a price for a job. It's to re-wire a lighting circuit. The feed is there but They want 16 down lights (I won't be putting in the lights just connecting the j.b's just wondered what you guys thought on pricing up jobs. The room is approx 6mx7m so not huge area either and it's a commercial premises so T&E
cheers :hair:

- - - Updated - - -

Materials supplied
whats this about?...no doubt you will be testing it as well?...

I always quote hourly rate.
The guys who quote a flat fee have to up the price a bit to cover themselves if the job has hidden difficulties.
As there is less risk for me quoting by the hour, the customer generally gets a better deal.

Thanks for the help guys, yes I will be testing it and the reason for not doing the lights is the clients request. He has someone who will be putting them in over the weekend who isn't available to first fix before the lid goes up.
Thanks guys

Reply to What do I charge? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views
So I just started out recently and I’m struggling with what to price myself at. It’s worth noting I live in the east London area and I’m looking...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
I did a poll last year on exactly this. Below I have pasted what I wrote in thread last time so there is a degree of similarity. We can then see...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I'm replacing a small old off grid with a new 7.5kw off grid, & being poor seek best value for my mppt, after long searches I find this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock