Discuss What size cable do I need? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

That wasn't my question. What I am trying to ask is who is responsible in upgrading transformer. Is it western power or consumer has to get someone in.

will be wpd.

Im struggling to figure out what is confusing?

everything before the meter is the distributors property.

If there is another after main then in that case it might be the customers property.

eng or tony would be my choice to explain as I havent got much experience with trannies of this size

Anyway customer is gonna contact suppliers and ask for new transformer
So if all this is theoretical and you're not doing anything/charging anything, how come there's a customer.
I very rarely get customers ringing me to say "Trev, I just want to know if I can run this Gigawatt machine from my 40 amp supply in a flat I own?. I'm only asking out of interest because I've been lying awake at night wondering about it"

So if all this is theoretical and you're not doing anything/charging anything, how come there's a customer.
I very rarely get customers ringing me to say "Trev, I just want to know if I can run this Gigawatt machine from my 40 amp supply in a flat I own?. I'm only asking out of interest because I've been lying awake at night wondering about it"

Well not customer yet. He called only today and I went to have a look at it. That's all I've done for him.

You can only hurt someone if you don't wire it safely. For example adequate earthing and right size fuses to protect cable.
Or poorly made off terminations which arc and cause a fire which kills or maims people and destroys buildings.
Just as a matter of interest, how do you propose to theoretically wire this theoretical 200A machine on a theoretical 140A supply and a theoretical 800A start up current?
I'd be very interested to see your calculations.

I'll have nightmares tonight where there'll be running and screaming.

Or poorly made off terminations which arc and cause a fire which kills or maims people and destroys buildings.
Just as a matter of interest, how do you propose to theoretically wire this theoretical 200A machine on a theoretical 140A supply and a theoretical 800A start up current?
I'd be very interested to see your calculations.

I'll have nightmares tonight where there'll be running and screaming.

Chill marra.

Hae a cuppla borrels 'n' ye'll be champion.

Reply to What size cable do I need? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net