Discuss What's needed for self certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Since I'm self-employed and its my own business, It always makes me smile when a customer asks me if I do "foreigners". lol

Since I'm self-employed and its my own business, It always makes me smile when a customer asks me if I do "foreigners". lol

Me too. One conversation I had recently.

"Do you take cash for a job ?"
Yes I accept cash along with cheques and bank transfers.
"But it's cheaper cash right ?"
No, same price.
"But it's always cheaper cash"
Why would that be ?
"I don't know actually"

i generally knock a bot off for cash. reasons are:

1. if a bacs does not go in as expected, i have the trouble of phoning the customer.

2. a cheque entails a 30 mile round trip and risk of a parking fine, just to bank it.

i generally knock a bot off for cash. reasons are:

1. if a bacs does not go in as expected, i have the trouble of phoning the customer.

2. a cheque entails a 30 mile round trip and risk of a parking fine, just to bank it.
I did a "cash" job a couple of weeks back. The guy paid me just fine, then phoned me up a few days later wanting all the receipts so that he could put it through his business and claim the vat back.
The job was to do some improvements at his house and he had specifically asked me to do it at as little cost as possible for cash!
I prefer a bank transfer where possible most of the time, the only down side being the "Sheriff of Nottingham wanting his big slice!"

Hmm looking at the scams and the ammount of work I do on the side it's going to be cheaper to just get someone in to sign it off.
Only really do two jobs a year pays for Christmas and the wife's birthday

Hmm looking at the scams and the ammount of work I do on the side it's going to be cheaper to just get someone in to sign it off.
Only really do two jobs a year pays for Christmas and the wife's birthday

You'll not find many willing to sign off your work for you under their name. There is the option of doing this legitimately through the stroma third party notification scheme if you can find a local contractor who is registered with this scheme.

Just need the INSURANCE levels that one of the bodies want and join up with them.
I do wonder what your NVQ3 is in, as 2330 is classed as just the class work side of the 2356/7
So if you have a NVQ3 in Electricial Installations then the 2330 is void really
GCSE Maths and having a A-Level Maths, the GCSE is pointsless now you have the A-Level, level.

As for the 2391, that has been gone for some time 2012 was the last year.
Before splitting it to the 2394/5 both the same but you get a different pratical exam for each of them.

When i first tried to sign up to one of the bodies they said all i could do was Kitchen Fitting unless i had 2394/5 or at the time 2391, so i went on to do them and then they said oh done need them now we test you!! i still get tested each year even tho i have the qualifications.

I have looked in to this 3rd Party but the examers ive had said it was a bit harder assessment so ill stay out for now.
STROMA and NAPIT at the only two i know to do that, but by rights you have to be there Before, Mid an End of the Build. But im sure people will miss use it and just cheat. Had a few people ask me to do EICR then they have installed a CU or new circuit, another miss use.

Reply to What's needed for self certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net