Discuss where do i stand? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gap30

at my place of work we have been having meetings over a 12 month period as regards redundancies, anyway about 8 weeks ago i got a letter stating i would be made redundant on July 27th, today i have been informed it is going to be on a week to week basis - is this legal?

i have worked for the company for 9 - 10 years in the liverpool/manchester area

anyone looking for experienced sparks lol

make sure you get your lump sum redundancy off them.

well i had a quick conversation and if i leave of my own accord i wont get a penny, so he is ok to have me on a string but i cannot leave off my own back great!

keep a smile on your face dont give him reason to sack you but drop down a few gears dont do as much as you normally do least it will **** him off and hey he might just pay you off least youll have 9 weeks money to look for another job

With 9+ years service you will get redundancy. I would recommend you sit tight and get the payment. Jumping ship now could cost you a lot of money.

What do you mean by a week to week basis, is it that your final day is changing?

exactly! you tell me? i think he is acting the you know what, thing is the boss plays his cards close to his chest which has always suited me - we speak when we have to and we keep it brief so getting any info out of him is a no no, most of this info came second hand as well

sit tight let him make the moves your still earning money and thats all your bothered about in mean time box clever get your cv to as many companys and agencies as you can

yes you are right, its a drag atm - doing some skanky old asbestos riddled hotel in Burnley atm BUTS ITS WORK!

Plus as you know from my other thread i have my 2391 on August 11th - thats all i need now to get my approved which will help

Last edited by a moderator:
OK lets say all goes well and i get my 2391 in a couple of weeks, i then get my JIB approved card - will i be any better off? i see plenty of JIB lads on here looking for work? its fooking dire out there atm

With 9 years service you are entitled to redundancy pay so sit tight, and take the cheque.

If in the meantime your employer keeps you on a few more weeks than thats good isn't it!

With 9 years service you are entitled to redundancy pay so sit tight, and take the cheque.

If in the meantime your employer keeps you on a few more weeks than thats good isn't it!

i know there is work in the pipeline - but i think he is acting the goat to try and make us graft harder, thing is the hours are basic, no travel - on £12 an hour but pulling £350 ish a week (dont get me wrong it could be worse) and he is pushing hard atm

sometimes 2-3 hours travel a day

i know there is work in the pipeline - but i think he is acting the goat to try and make us graft harder, thing is the hours are basic, no travel - on £12 an hour but pulling £350 ish a week (dont get me wrong it could be worse) and he is pushing hard atm

sometimes 2-3 hours travel a day

Better than £66 on the dole!

Reply to where do i stand? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net