Discuss where should this wire go? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

IMG_20180625_112845.jpg

Same places as the grey one with the brown inner.

Do not connect with the other green and yellows, very dangerous.

The OP is a new member and probably joined just to get an answer to this question. He might take such frivolous and what we know to be, sarcastic answers as genuine advise to be relied upon. We know how many people will then 'give it a go' themselves. Sorry Rob, but I think this was an irresponsible reply that could have caused injury if he follows it up.

The OP is a new member and probably joined just to get an answer to this question. He might take such frivolous and what we know to be, sarcastic answers as genuine advise to be relied upon. We know how many people will then 'give it a go' themselves. Sorry Rob, but I think this was an irresponsible reply that could have caused injury if he follows it up.
think OP knows the score. see post #20.

OP admits it was a frivolous question.
I texted spark for a copy of the cert for the board change, he called back,nervous. Told me earthing was bad at the property.
I think 33ohms is quite good for a TT system, only wish I could have seen the top of the electrode and a nice label like the one at the eq bond on the oil pipe.
But not being paid to check up on someone else's work,
only make the poo pump work.
Spark said he was in a scheme and BC notified.
Spark thought system safe enough to walk away from.
OP not so sure, no cert from spark , still the poo pump is now working

He was clearly posting as a joke.

This tail has more of a tale if you will.
Its starts back in December with a little old man and little old woman who live in a house by the sea , they have been there more than 30 years happy and sad.
They decide to buy themselves a new cooker.
They have one of those companies come that will deliver new cooker and take away old cooker. Operatives who do the disconnection of the old, and connection of the new have only basic training.
They do not like the look of old system and refuse to connect new cooker. Saying it is not safe.
Leave aged couple frightened and confused with only limited means of cooking, toaster and kettle.
Electrician summoned. New box fitted without EICR.
Problems ensue. RCD trips.
Old people can't reach it.
Electrician returns, finds earth fault, disconnects.
Time passes, sewage overflows.
Nasty expensive difficult and confusing for Aged couple.
I hope the lesson here for young sparks who may see this thread,
is that if you are called out to an old system that some nob says is dangerous, inspect it test it and document it as well as you can, before you consider anything else.

Reply to where should this wire go? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net