Discuss Which make of fan is this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

oscar21

Esteemed
Reaction score
IMG_20230725_122505_280.jpg

IMG_20230725_122454_266.jpg

Anyone know what make fan this is, its in a retirement home kitchen. The apartment we were working in has had a fire so our fan was a melted blob of plastic, this picture is from an vacant apartment. Looking at the (melted) wiring I think it might be a trickle fan with a boost switch.

Does the home have records of when they were all fitted? Should be a clerk of works with details.

Also, how much good is it doing above the unit like that?

Is this close enough?

As usual, no-one seems to know anything, that picture was taken in an empty apartment, that fan may not be original, could have been fitted by a handyman or anything I suppose. All I know is it is supplied by a 3C&E via a spur with a 1 gang switch at worktop height. Most that are wired like this have a boost switch above the worktop but stupidly I forgot to look what the switching arrangement was and the job is about 30 miles away.

It was the same story with the power, apartment dead, found the plant room, someone had switched the isolator off, switched on and still no power so I thought they must have removed the fuse as well. found a fuse in the van, took the cover off and the fuse carrier was missing as well. No-one knows where the carrier is and no-one knows who turned the power off, building is quite new as well but as always no-one is interested. So I did my bit and went home.

There is a label on the said partly covered with paint. That cowel looks retrofitted.
It does look retrofitted now you mention it, to be fair as long as we fit something decent then I dont think it matters. The last boost fans we fitted were round ones but I cant remember the make, I think it was a round body in the ceiling with a clip on cover, you could program them with your phone via bluetooth. I didn't supply them though so not sure what they were.

Reply to Which make of fan is this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net