Discuss Which one is not a characteristics of the supply? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Prospective short circuit
Prospective fault current
Ze
Zs
Kinda got stuck at this question and not sure wich one of these is the right choice. Please help me,thank you.

However, you could also argue the value for "PFC" recorded for an installation would be the higher of the measurements of PSCC (independent of earth) and the PFC in to actual Zs (allowing for lower than Ze so higher possible fault current) to decide if the breakers, etc, are up to interrupting it.

So not really a very well-worded question!

It's not a great question.
The first two can apply anywhere within the installation, including the supply. So it can't be then.
Ze can only apply at the supply origin. So it can't be that.
Zs incorporates the Ze at the origin when you measure it, or calculate it using Zs=Ze+(R1+R2). I think they are getting at the fact that a component part of it is always the supplies earth loop impedence (Ze) so it is more than just the supply.

So the first 2 can apply to the supply. The 3rd must apply to the supply.
The 4th can't only apply to the supply as that would be Ze.

There's one relating totally to external value.......and one which doesn't, being additional to it.

To OP..... which one?

Reply to Which one is not a characteristics of the supply? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My friend just moved into a new build flat and its for a disabled person with a hydraulic lift to go to the upper floor. There was/is a leak...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm back in the electrical game after 9 years break so feeling a little rusty! I'm adding an additional socket to a circuit but the main RCD...
Replies
Views
Hi - just after thoughts on this please. I've been doing some testing on a 20 year old MCC. On the original EIC, Ze was reported as 0.04 R, PFC...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Thank you in advance... So I had an electrician put in some FCUs on spurs to a couple of outside lights.. this one was in readiness to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Happy Friday! Could someone please point me in the right direction, I’m after the Max Zs for a Bill Talisman TLF633 63A MCCB, I’ve...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock