Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Which tool belt? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. slocm3105

slocm3105 Electrician's Arms

Hey guys. Ive finally decided to get myself a decent toolbelt. Cheap ones just aren't set up right for a sparky. Any recommendations as to which one to get?

Many Thanks

2. Davey101

Davey101 Guest

Have a look at makita ones mate.

3. m4tty

m4tty Guest

4. Guest123

Guest123 Guest

I got a DeWalt electricians pouch, had it for ages still going strong.

5. gaffer

gaffer Electrician's Arms

Ive got a CK one and Im well happy with it.Do a search on Google and the americans do some awesome ones with little pockets for everything.

6. scotsparky

scotsparky Band Member Trusted Advisor

i have the Bacho electricins pouch with dewalt belt suits me fine

7. a12jpm

a12jpm Electrician's Arms

Dewalt one for me. lasting well. Click here for the one I use.

8. slocm3105

slocm3105 Electrician's Arms

Anyone had any experience of the gatorback ones? It looks really good.

9. Tin

Tin Guest

I have a CK Sparkys toolbelt, I think its the best one by far

10. pennywise

pennywise Trusted Advisor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  11. 85mick85

85mick85 EF Member

i have a ck one i got of ebay for under £35, i would be lostwith out it......i would recomend this on but iv only had a cheap one before this so i dont konw what makita and dewalt are like, but when i was buying this one i thought it was the best, have a look through ebay as they do a lot of different types

12. footballhead

footballhead Guest

yep ck for me plus the breif case sort of lap top bag thingy

13. Round Man

Round Man Regular EF Member

The Makita electricians pouch and the Bahco electricians pouch are pretty much the same design.
    both very good.

14. sparky1502

sparky1502 Guest

i've got the new makita electricians pouch its sweet

15. andekoch

andekoch Electrician's Arms

if it makes you feel any better I picked up a tool belt today for £2.95 in the wholesales clearance bin. not sure of the make but looks like a clone of the dewalt belt.

16. hopkins85

hopkins85 Guest

I use a snickers rig. Really good and inter changeable for the job in task. Cost a bomb though. I also have a small Kunys electrician belt for smaller jobs.

Attached Files:

• 9799.jpg
      9799.jpg
      File size:
      58.4 KB
      Views:
  17. eskimo39

eskimo39 Guest

I use a bosch heavy duty belt with an electricians pouch & hammer loop on one side and a drill holster on the other. Only problem is that it is really clumbersome.

When working at height, i don't use a toolbelt as I wear a petzl harness which restricts where I can fit things so my drill is on a lanyard with a carabiner clip so it hangs at my side and the same with my hammer. Screwdrivers etc just get put in my pockets although on some sites over a certain height I have to have everything on safety lanyards.

I really fancied the snickers tool rig as it looks like it will fit with my harness but is it really worth the money?? It just looks like 2 snickers pockets stitched to a belt & braces combo.

18. hopkins85

hopkins85 Guest

It is really good looks alot more rigid in real life. The pockets are a lot more tougher and have more shape to them than the ones they have on there trousers or the flexi pockets you can buy. All the pockets can be moved around to any position and you can get loads of other funky pockets.

The only problem I have with snickers is the time it took from ordering it to having it delivered. It took ages.

19. hopkins85

hopkins85 Guest

This is a good vid about the belt look at 3.22

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpirJEbFOe8]YouTube - Skillers Workwear & Flexi System[/ame]

20. rossinator

rossinator Guest

21. timitds

timitds Guest

22. Amp David

Amp David Trusted Advisor

I use the dewalt with the dewalt belt.

[​IMG]

23. kw1980

kw1980 Active EF Member

Dewalt belt with a Bahco electricians pouch, a Dewalt drill holster and a Stanley Padsaw holder.

24. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

25. SirKit Breaker

SirKit Breaker Guest

I have got lots of pockets:D

No seriously i also use the CK one but i usually end up with the contents of the van in it and it ends up around my bottom.:eek: not a nice sight

26. The Finch

The Finch Regular EF Member

Used to have one of the bt ones but went missing and can't find replacement now got the ck one does the job

27. ukpablo

ukpablo Regular EF Member

dewalt everytime, lasts forever!

28. davecann25

davecann25 New EF Member

Oh what a nightmare,

ive had a dewalt electricians toolbelt and pouch for the past 9 years and it has finaly worn a hole in the bottom.

Worst part is they no longer make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive searched and searched but just cant find one i like. I ordered the makita one and now its turnned up i realy dont think it is big enough for what i want.

Ive looked at the recomendations on here and realy like the Occidental Leather ones.

Anyone got anything else to suggest??

Dave

29. oxford 12

oxford 12 Regular EF Member

CK tool belt system any day,used to have a makita belt system which was brilliant until some scum bag walked off with it !

30. Dipzy

Dipzy Regular EF Member

I use the Makita electricians pouch coupled with a hammer and tape holder and it's perfect for the essential bits of kit required for the task, mainly when on a pair of steps. Just need to add a couple of holsters for the cordless drills now.
    Before anyone else say's it I don't need spurs or a stetson, yeehahh.. lol :2guns:

31. fjr1300

fjr1300 Electrician's Arms

I've tried about 6 or 7 belts, not found one yet where it's comfortable, doesn't spill out your tools when you sit down on the floor, and easy to get the tools out. The last two requirements always appear to be at conflict with each other.

I hate having drills/hammers/long items attached as they are heavy and dig into you when you're moving around

Heavy pouches need big wide belts which again are uncomfortable when moving around - great when just standing but I'm always up a ladder then in a low cellar and then crawling around the floor installing sockets

I think I'm looking for the holly grail - might have to get a saddler friend of mine to make me a "special" one.

Lee

32. Dcf

Dcf Trusted Advisor

I've got a AWP harness rig one that i bought in lowes when i was on holiday in florida a few years back.it is huge but quite comfy with the shoulder straps spreading the weight about a bit.soon as u put it on the customers are always"christ this guy knows what he is doing!"the subterfuge doesn't last tho! i think u can get a similar bucket boss one from rutlands that is quite good as well. i find sticking drivers in the stanley knife holster things stops the holes getting poked through for awhile

33. fjr1300

fjr1300 Electrician's Arms

Just seen this on the Screwfix site - I think I'd fall over will all this lot - although it would all spill out on the floor so you could get up again
    [​IMG]

Lee

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  34. sparkdog

sparkdog sparkdog Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    C MacRae Electrical
    I just use dewalt trouser pockets.Tried tool vests and things but too much bother.

35. crooky-spark

crooky-spark EF Member

Why not get yourself a pair of the Snickers Duratwill trousers with pouches. Think the part number is 3312. I don't think I would ever wear anything else. Thats about 4 years I have been wearing them. Still have my first pair as well. Very very hardwearing. Great buy.

36. hopkins85

hopkins85 Guest

Have a look at the toughbuilt stuff looks quite handy. Tempted to make a purchase

http://www.toughbuilt.co.uk/default.asp?p=1

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk 2

37. Geordie Spark

Geordie Spark Trusted Advisor

ASDA carrier bag for me :)

Seriously though, I used both a tool vest and/or a CK tool pouch - depending on what I was doing: sparking, plumbing or gas work, but I often found most of the gear ended-up in my trouser pockets or lying on the floor.

38. GaryM

GaryM Guest

39. sparkyninja

sparkyninja Guest

the bacho pouch looks quite good but for now i just went for the Irwin pouch.

40. Geordiesparkyy

Geordiesparkyy EF Member

My Dewalt trouser pockets are good for most items. If in an office block or the like when i need a few more tools when up a step, I use a leather deal that I got from a local hardware store.

41. MarkieSparkie

MarkieSparkie Guest

• Like Like x 1
  42. 1shortcircuit

1shortcircuit Guest

• Like Like x 1
  43. Sparkie30

Sparkie30 Regular EF Member

i have a ck one wish i didnt waste that money. not for me

44. 87chopper10

87chopper10 EF Member

I got the makita drill holder and pouch free with a hedge trimmer a while back. quality bit of kit holds my bosch 14v securely and plenty of room for tools and bits and pieces in the larger pouch. Im gonna get the electricians pouch to add to it for some added but not essential space.

45. Piter

Piter New EF Member

Although it's an old post if anyone come here for the suggestion he might get help from here. If you have a big budget you can use Occidental Leather 5590. I am using this tool belt for last 3 months. This belt works fine with my purpose. But when you have less budget you can use TR Industrial 88021.
    If want to get a complete guide of best tool belt you can to visit Damntools.