Discuss White Cooker Switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris Mikelis

LAP do a WHITE cooker Switch. What I'm wanting to know is, does it comply? or does it have to be RED?

LAP 2-Gang 45A Cooker Switch with 13A Switched Plug Socket White | NoLinkingToThis

ae235.jpg
Thanks in advance for any input.

if it didn't comply, they wouldn't make it.

Use a Crabtree instead its better made and a couple of pounds more but then again just fit it and in 5 years I will get the callout to replace it and it will be crabtree

Click do a white one as well (with socket and without), think MK does as well.

Never could work out why so many are sold with gash orange or red switches

or why the original MK cooker control unit was the size that it is...

There is no reg to say that the switch itself must be red or orange. As long as its got what post 4 wrote then is ok.

also I think for 45-50A switches the contact desperation distance should be 6mm that's why there harder to switch.... Unsure correct figures tho if anyone wants to enlighten me.

Reply to White Cooker Switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a selection of brand new electrical items 6 MK 422. 1g white telephone socket outlets 2 MK 3632. 2g white moulded...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm about to replace our kitchen and one of the upgrades is to install two full size ovens to replace the original twin over under...
Replies
Views
Hi all. So I'm designing my new kitchen and trying to plan where things will go. I currently have a 6 switch panel for the appliances (hob...
Replies
Views
Trying to install a Lutron Toggle/Dimmer (TGCL-153PR) Confused, as the current switch has 3 wires gong to it Black, White, and Red (there is also...
Replies
Views
Hi, I installed 6 recessed lights in my living room. I’m now up to the wiring part of the project. There is an outlet in the room that is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock