Discuss Who Likes Darts in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MDJ

Going to be a cracking match this afternoon, I got my draft flow in ready hehe, I want scotty to win, but hey who cares they both deserve to be in the final.

I like to watch the odd game - not an avid fan though.

1 question buddy - why are their 2 world championships? And why do you see players in 1 and not the other? Can't for the life of me understand it lol.

Different organisations, like boxing really, The standard on sky is higher than the Beeb, just, but I prefere the BBCs coverage, I believe the winners of the 2 tournaments play each other sometime later in the year to see who's the best.

Unfortunately the two organisations cannot come to an agreement to merge. Barry Hearn has given the B.D.O lot so many olive branches it is untrue which keep getting refuted.
To be honest that B.D.O lot bar one or two are better off steering well clear of the P.D.C coz the likes of Taylor & Lewis would wooop 'em with their eyes shut. Standard is miles apart.

the standard in the bdo this year has been pretty poor, 7 darts at a double aint good enough to mix it with the pdc lads. A tenner says scotty 2 hotty 7-4

If the PDC lads are the best i wonder why Martin 'wolfy' Adams has never switched. He was poor this time around but hes usually pretty good aint he?

Read Archys link but still can't really understand it, seems stupid with 2worlds to me.

I watch both, and don't really follow darts but still enjoy it even though i don't really know whos who.

Theres no doubt the power is the greatest ever, however he has been beaten by players on the BBC before, there is a difference in quality, the sky players are better without doubt IMO, but not a massive difference now, look at the 3 dart average stats, above 90 is what the top players are at.

I don't get Sky Sports, cos I hate sport except darts and snooker, and I can't justify paying the extra just for that. The PDC stuff like the Grandslam used to be on ITV4, was gutted when it all moved to Sky.

Anyway.......O'Shea might as well just switch off.

Reply to Who Likes Darts in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net