Discuss Who would have known in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

There is some proper weird stuff out there. Meet Chromodoris reticulata. A sea slug found in the Pacific ocean. It is the only animal known that has a disposable tinky winky. It can detach, re-grow and then reuse its pen1s to copulate.

Let the Electrical Trainee try that party trick…lol

Chromodoris reticulata.jpg

@ kamikaze holy f$%^ that tash

You like? With a little patience and a good razor yours too could look as good as this. When you’ve done, post some pictures, we need to see that! :wink_smile:

As for vaguely staying on topic, I once saw a praying mantis vs. black widow spider. It was like 20 minutes of kung fu theatre and the mantis won. What got me while I was watching, the spider did most of the attacking, giving me the impression that the eventual outcome was not necessarily a foregone conclusion.

As for the fire ants, I just think they have some form of mental disorder. :biggrin:

Check these little buggers out...

APOD: 2013 March 6 - Tardigrade in Moss

!!!

Tardigrades are freaking amazing. Wiki quote:

Tardigrades can withstand temperatures from just above absolute zero to well above the boiling point of water. They can survive pressures greater than any found in the deepest ocean trenches and have lived through the vacuum of outer space. They can survive solar radiation, gamma radiation, ionic radiation— at doses hundreds of times higher than would kill a person. They can go without food or water for nearly 10 years, drying out to the point where they are 3% or less water, only to rehydrate, forage, and reproduce.

And they have been around on this planet for half a billion years. With the range of extremes that these little buggers can withstand, some people speculate that it's entirely possible they do not originate from this planet.

Tardigrades are freaking amazing. Wiki quote:

Tardigrades can withstand temperatures from just above absolute zero to well above the boiling point of water. They can survive pressures greater than any found in the deepest ocean trenches and have lived through the vacuum of outer space. They can survive solar radiation, gamma radiation, ionic radiation— at doses hundreds of times higher than would kill a person. They can go without food or water for nearly 10 years, drying out to the point where they are 3% or less water, only to rehydrate, forage, and reproduce.

And they have been around on this planet for half a billion years. With the range of extremes that these little buggers can withstand, some people speculate that it's entirely possible they do not originate from this planet.

It has a 'push on fitting' for a nose :p

Some creatures make 50 shades of grey look like a fairytale the way they copulate. Just look what the bowels of hell have given us. This is Pyura chilensis, the closest thing to getting blood out of a stone. A tunicate of the Pyuridae family. The fact that it looks like a rock with guts is not even the strangest thing about it. It’s completely immobile, and eats by sucking in water and filtering out micro-organisms. It’s clear blood secretes a rare element called vanadium, named after the Germanic goddess of beauty and fertility. Also, all individuals are born male and become hermaphrodic at puberty. They reproduce by ----ing clouds of sperm and eggs into the surrounding water and hoping they bump into each other. And while writing this, I have realized that pollen is essentially plant sperm. This therefore makes hay fever an STD. Since no one voluntarily takes in pollen, I’ve concluded we are all being raped by trees. :D

Pyura chilensis.jpg

Reply to Who would have known in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net