Discuss will the niceic accept me? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

danakabartlett

hi, ive finished my 3 year course at college on the city and guilds 2330 which is the theory side i understand and not the nvq although i do have practical experience just wasnt through a qualification. Im getting myself a van and becoming self employed to work on domestic houses, and test installions for a surveryor for insurance companies. will i be able to join the niceic? cheers

Best to speak to them direct if you are taking the domestic route the minimum requirement is the EAL VRQ which is an exam on the building regs and then the 17th edition or eqvilant within 12 months. If they decide you have not got the right quals give NAPIT or ELECSA a ring they all have there different outlooks on the same thing. God bless part P

Chris

I e-mailed the NICEIC asking the same question and if i needed the 17th edition certificate, this is their reply:

"As you are doing the C&G-2330 Level 3 under the 17th Edition, you will not need to undertake the C&G-2382 17th Edition Course. The C&G-2330 is an alternative qualification that we accept. You can still apply to the NICEIC without gaining this qualification; however we do state that you must complete the Course before 31st December 2010."

Last edited:
this EAL VRQ you speak about how do i obtain it? would the city and guilds 2391 testing and inspection do?

2391/2392 should be enough the pain is that the EAL VRQ is nothing to do with electricity as such its all about the building regs which when doing a PIR you should know anyway. These scams sorry I meant schemes have one aim only thats to make as much money out of you as they can and give virtually nothing in return the only bonus they are cheaper than building control.

Chris

Reply to will the niceic accept me? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net