Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Wireless switching solution in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. chudson

chudson Active EF Member

I have a problem that needs solving - there should be a product for it on the market but I can't find it!

Problem: 2 lights are run from an interior switch, my client would like the gate relay to turn these lights on also as well as having the switch override on - not off. Would be simple with a cable! But I can't run one, there's just no where to hide it etc and the client won't tolerate surface cabling.

Solution: So I thought, hey I'm sure we can use a wireless transmitter from the gate relay and a mains receiver next to the switch in a blanked off box. Seems no one on this planet makes a transmitter that will work with a mains input, the receiver isn't a problem from most manufacturers but the transmitters are all momentary input only and certainly not 230!

Anyone know of a solution? Is it possible to somehow configure another relay to provide a pulse connection from a 230V signal or something?

2. Aindowsimon

Aindowsimon Regular EF Member

3. chudson

chudson Active EF Member

I looked at this system before, infact I've used it but never noticed the wired transmitter. Going to be a pain to hide the receiver but its my best bet. Thanks very much!

4. Aindowsimon

Aindowsimon Regular EF Member

Yeah it is a bulky box innit how about wiring the receiver to a more aesthetically pleasing spot ??

5. chudson

chudson Active EF Member

The part of the building where it would go has dry rot, so there might be a possibility of asking the builder to make a hole/hatch solution in the wall