Discuss Wires buried in plaster vs oval conduit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

had many a happy day threading new cables through the old oval metal tube used circa 1950's / 60's down to light switches. several times has customer happy as a dog with 2 d*cks, saying " how you got cable down there without chasing?" not so easy with the longer drops for sockets though, but usually positional changes mean chasing is necessary anyway.

I personally don't see the need for it.
Chase's are protected from the trowel by there narrow width. I like to bond the chases myself prior to plastering.
Most block work is drylined now days.
If it was to be floated and set only then would I employ capping

I have never seen plaster laid directly onto block work, its usually laid on top of dot and dab/plaster board. So the need for capping is non existent and unnecessary, trying to add or modify a circuit with capping makes more mess then if it was clipped to the block. As for the oval conduit it seems like a novel idea but not a definitive method, horses for courses and all that.

I have never seen plaster laid directly onto block work, its usually laid on top of dot and dab/plaster board. So the need for capping is non existent and unnecessary, trying to add or modify a circuit with capping makes more mess then if it was clipped to the block. As for the oval conduit it seems like a novel idea but not a definitive method, horses for courses and all that.
Anyone remember using split metallic oval tube where you put a rubber bush on each end? Kids today eh?

Reply to Wires buried in plaster vs oval conduit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net