Discuss Wiring 0-10v Switches in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jexee55

DIY
Reaction score
A while ago I replaced 3 fluorescent lights with 3- 2'x 2' led panel lights. In one room I installed 2 panel lights that were on 2- 3 way switches whereas one had a dimmer, and in another room I installed 1 led panel light that was on a regular single pole switch dimmer.
The dimmers weren't working properly so I bought 2- 0-10v dimmer switches and installed them....or tried.
First I had to install another set of wires for the new switches so the dimmers would work.
I first wired the switch to the room that had the 2 panel lights, then I installed the switch the other room.
The problem is this. Without the dimmer wires connected to the switches, the switches work fine. Once I connect the dimmer wires, I get no lights at all.
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I tried all ways of wiring them but nothing works. Thanks for your help.

the 0-10 V dimmers work on the ballasts which need to be compatible with those dimmers.

Give us some information and you might get a bit...............as you can see from the lack of replies.

OK mate, I see where you're from, now. I should have realized.

View attachment 63640
It would help if you ask me for the information you would need. I'm not an electrical engineer but I've wired outlets, lights, fans etc. These 0-10v switches are entirely new to me.
And what do you mean that you should have realized mate?

0-10v dimmer wires need an applied voltage - this tells the driver what to do - e.g. put 5V across them and it should give you 50%. No voltage will give you 0% and they will be off. Apologies if this is obvious and you have done this.

0-10v dimmer wires need an applied voltage - this tells the driver what to do - e.g. put 5V across them and it should give you 50%. No voltage will give you 0% and they will be off. Apologies if this is obvious and you have done this.
Thanks for your help. I found out that the dimmer that the lighting company had on their list was NOT compatible with the light.

Reply to Wiring 0-10v Switches in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net