Discuss Wiring 2 lighting circuits using one 6 terminal junction box in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes the loop line is the common live so if you have a two gang switch you could use one three core and cpc cable, one as the line supply from the loop terminal with a link at the switch and the other two for the switch line returns. If the switches are separate you will need two cables but just two cores with cpc.

Yes the loop line is the common live so if you have a two gang switch you could use one three core and cpc cable, one as the line supply from the loop terminal with a link at the switch and the other two for the switch line returns. If the switches are separate you will need two cables but just two cores with cpc.
Yes westward the switches are separate for two different lighting points, so i can terminate both switch cables into the JB ?

Yes you can provided you keep the switch returns to separate terminals. A junction box is not necessarily restricted to a single function such as switching.

Basically im cool with terminating power into the JB from CU, switch live for first switch, cable to lighting point, and loop out cable onto next lighting point, its the switch cable for next lighting point im stumped with !!!

It is the same principle, if you know how connect one switch cable repeat this with the second except the switch return goes to its own terminal. Neutrals and cpcs are commoned to the same terminal.

Yes you can provided you keep the switch returns to separate terminals. A junction box is not necessarily restricted to a single function such as switching.
That's what im worried about as there is only 2 terminals for SL in the junction box and these have been used up by the first switch
It is the same principle, if you know how connect one switch cable repeat this with the second except the switch return goes to its own terminal. Neutrals and cpcs are commoned to the same terminal.
So the second switch cable can be terminated in one of the loop terminals and one into a neutral terminal ?

Excuse my poor drawing. I have connected the first switch and put the line supply into the second can you see where the switch return now goes.20181110_162537.jpg

The best thing to do if your not sure of a circuit is to draw it out as westward has done. I find it helps to see it set out on paper.
As for your lecturer not being not helping enough get him to go over it until you understand. if you are struggling the rest of your class will probably be the same.

The best thing to do if your not sure of a circuit is to draw it out as westward has done. I find it helps to see it set out on paper.
As for your lecturer not being not helping enough get him to go over it until you understand. if you are struggling the rest of your class will probably be the same.
Thanks mate, yeah I know a few probably are struggling TBF, he makes nothing clear, I'm thinking about putting a complaint in to the college

TBH with you all, I suffer with PTSD and get stressed really easily, I had to walk out of the practical session last Thursday because I just couldn't get my head around it, but that's why I enrolled on the course, I am trying so hard for the PTSD to get the better of me anymore, thanks for all your help guys !

Right, it looks like you are using a Hager J501.
This raises questions like ..... why is your college teaching you to use junction boxes when unnecessary connections should be avoided on new installations, and why is your college teaching you to use equipment/methods not suited for purpose ? If you have to use extra connections jammed in there it's the wrong kit or the wrong wiring method.

Reply to Wiring 2 lighting circuits using one 6 terminal junction box in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net