Discuss Wiring outlets in attached garage in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

decova

DIY
Reaction score
My house is a small 3 / 2 with an attached garage. Recently a new circuit was added to install 2 new ceiling fans in the patio. Can I use the same circuit to add an outlet in the attached garage? Or, does a garage require its own circuit. My garage is not a shop so no plans to run power tools from the new garage outlet. My garage is void of any outlets. What is the code for wiring an attached garage? Thanks

My house is a small 3 / 2 with an attached garage. Recently a new circuit was added to install 2 new ceiling fans in the patio. Can I use the same circuit to add an outlet in the attached garage? Or, does a garage require its own circuit. My garage is not a shop so no plans to run power tools from the new garage outlet. My garage is void of any outlets. What is the code for wiring an attached garage? Thanks
I really don’t see a reason that you can’t add a receptacle since only 2 fans are on that circuit. Good luck

Thanks for your reply. But, does the NEC allow me to comingle outlets in an attached garage with devices in the house, such as a ceiling fan, on the same circuit? Thanks again.

Reply to Wiring outlets in attached garage in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I may have posted this before but not sure if it made it in. I want to install an EV Charger in my garage. The panel is two stories up and the...
Replies
Views
Recently moved into a house from the 70s. There's no ceiling light in the living room. Assuming the switch for the room was to one of the outlets...
Replies
Views
I’m planning to run an electrical sub-panel to my detached garage (about 150’ away) and run it off my 200 amp home panel. I live out in the...
Replies
Views
I want to make some electrical upgrades to my detached garage. I want to update the subpanel in the detached garage, and I want to add a 240V...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I am a DIYer and am located in Ontario, Canada. I would like to put in a dedicated 20 amp circuit into my attached garage for my 15 amp...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock