Discuss wiring up a small single 35watts light from the light switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

To all those removed with the sarcastic comments...Up YOURS!

NO one is born with knowledge we all have to go through a learning process. I thought this was the place for advice to help achieve a better standard and working practice but judging by some of your comments clearly not.

DD368

Last edited by a moderator:
DD368

i suggest you get of your high horse and stop been silly!

people have made suggestions but you have clearly not been bthered to listen. what they are telling you is correct you need a neutral to perate the light correctly!

your method of in series will work with very dim lights and you wont achieve any thing other than messing about with good cables.!

NUFF said!

To all those removed with the sarcastic comments...Up YOURS!

NO one is born with knowledge we all have to go through a learning process. I thought this was the place for advice to help achieve a better standard and working practice but judging by some of your comments clearly not.

DD368
you got advice to achieve a better standard, and the advice was........connecting a neutral would produce a much better result than connecting lamps in series

Forget about wiring off o the switch, the only way to do this is if the switch is double pole which is switching the neutral too.
You need to take a cable from a ceiling rose,( through another switch if you want it switched separately ) to the new light.
When it's done it wants testing with the appropriate calibrated tester and certifying.
You may like to think you are competent but you know what they say , pride comes before a fall, so have another think about it.

Get some cable,switch and afew lampholders.....screw them to a board and wire up as your suggesting and take note of the result.(like they do in college and what many of us did in Physics at school (when science subjects were split up not all in one lesson like schools now seem to be))

Each lamp (resistive load) you add will become dimmer (as has already been said)...good chance going by your diagram that when the first lamp blows you'll loose supply to other lamps aswell as circuit will be broken.

'I thought this was the place for advice to help achieve a better standard and working practice'....think you'll find many of the sarcastic comments were aimed at helping you to achieve a better standard and working practice, wiring a lighting circuit where one lamp blowing takes out the supply to all other lamps on that circuit is bad pratice.

Thinking of it another way what your suggesting to do is the same way christmas tree lights were done, one lamp blows and you spend hours trying to find the faulty bulb whilst listening to the missus say 'well your a sparks so why cant you find it quicker?'

[

Dirtydog368, you're not going to get advice on how to install a system that's fundamentally flawed and likely to be a hazard. Also foul language isn't tolerated on this forum.

Reply to wiring up a small single 35watts light from the light switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net