Discuss Working for women. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Greetings.

I don't want to turn this into a sexist thread but do any of you find it hard (excuse the pun) working for women.

I mean often when working for a bloke he can see what you are doing and why it takes time but with women it just seems to be "how long will this take" and "when will you be finished".

Having this attitude just makes me want to rush a job and not be as thorough as I would like to be, you know just chuck it in and get out as quick as possible.

Is it just me or do others notice that when working for women all they want is for you to be out of the door as quickly as possible?

have had that, but also with men as well. it's just, IMO, that women in general have less understanding of what is involved. my missus thinks that an extra socket just needs screwing on the wall where she wants it. no thought of the upstairs floor/carpet coming up and the wall chasing.

My wife thinks adding an extra socket will only take 5 minutes....dont like working for her either.....lol

in fact my wife (the bitch) and my daughter (the apprentice bitch) always give me a hard time about doing any work for them.....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean on this one. When I was adding 8 sockets to our top floor / attic the wife came up after about 30mins saying she's run me a bath cos she thought I must have nearly finished. :83: :hair2:

Last edited:
How about this one. Had a job the other day in a local cafe . 3 emergency lights to change 1 Emergency light to add above toilet doors, fit 2 ceiling fans including chasing in cables for 2 speed controllers, 4 HDMI cables to the tv's with a 4 way matrix unit. It was ok according to the lady owner as she would be closed from 2 pm until 6.30 pm to give us plenty of time to do the work. So kind.

After working 23 years in the rough and tumble all male world of quarrying I went in to the food industry as a production manager.
The only time I’d hear any one really curse would be if something went very badly wrong. I didn’t swear. It was something that just didn’t happen.

So as a wet behind the ears novice I got dropped in the deep end! I didn’t know girls could use such language.

Back to engineering I worked as an assistant to a development engineer for a while, she was mad! Brilliant but bloody mad! We would go on training courses, she would be the first in the bar and the last out.

as most will admit(well some wont) if its a good looking woman nothing is a problem,if she's been hit with the ugly stick then everthing is...shallow bunch those sparks...:dizzy2:

my boss at MOD london (last posting for navy) was a woman...! she was mint! knew the score both technical and physical, drank as much as every one else and even was prone to the odd not going home at weekends to her boyfriend if you know what i mean..!

I know what you mean on this one. When I was adding 8 sockets to our top floor / attic the wife came up after about 30mins saying she's run me a bath cos she thought I must have nearly finished. :83: :hair2:

probably thought you was just gonna plug a couple of 4 way leads in lol

Reply to Working for women. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net