Discuss Working in a church in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Have been invited to quote for work in a church and associated church rooms. Nothing major I think, but was wondering if there is anything to watch out for when doing electrical work in a church. I know you need a 'faculty' from the parish council before drilling holes in stone walls in a church, but are there any other issues I should be aware of?

well as you know most foremen think they are god..on this site they are..:p

Just do it, and the lord will foregive (except smoking, then you will go to hell and the council man will poke you in the eye on the way to the abyss)

Rewired a big church a few years back. To save costs the congregation were to do the cut outs for the under gallery lights. Oh dear, I defo said to them "160mm or 16 cm which ever is easier for you to work with!". There were holes of varying sizes starting from about 230mm and that was the smallest. Luckily I'm not to bad at plastering, so I just sorted it and told them not to do the other two galleries. I Always give the church the occassional freebie. There are alot of people go to these places who all have electricity ;)

Me and my old boss did a massive church by ourselves. It was the first job i went to on my first day so it was a bit of a shock to say the least. It had been derelict for over 10 years with squaters/druggies/killings and multiple fires taking place in that time.

As it was to be privately owned as a 'New age church' there was no need for FP etc but it was a MASSIVE pain the arse! 10x 4grand chandeliers up in main church roof.Learned a lot though so it's all good.

Reply to Working in a church in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net