Discuss World Snooker Championship 2013. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

markc123

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So the weekend is nearlly upon us, and this years Snooker World Championships.

For all you snooker fans out there:
1) Opinions on potential winner?
2) Who ( if at all ) are you going to have a cheeky flutter on?
3) The return of Ronnie, good or bad?

I personally believe Ronnie O'Sullivan has an excellent chance of regaining his title, regardless how long he's been out the game - the man is a magician. But, it'll be tough and my thoughts are possibly John Higgins or on current form Mark Selby.

I realise it's all down to the day, and who can handle the pressure best / who gets the run of the balls:

But my favourite for the title is Mark Selby, and if he does manage to win it for the first time then it'll be deserved because 'the jester from leicster' is a fantastic player, and seems a decent bloke too.

John Higgins - he has his eyes on Stephen Hendrys 7 world titles, now i don't think he'll achieve it because hes simply not as good as Stephen was, but he's on 4 world titles at the moment and if he has any chance of catching Hendrys record then he simply must win this year.

Ronnie - Ronnie is Ronnie, love him or hate him on his day he'll beat absolutley anyone. Depends on his mental state for the tournament. Basically, if Ronnie wants to win the world championship then he will.

Mark Selby, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan for me.

I'm not sure the odds at the moment, but a few weeks ago i stuck £6 on Graeme Dott @ 50/1. The man blows hot and cold and is always there or there aboutse, a former world champion so you can't rule him out. Unlikley he'll even reach the semi's but you never know.

'The Rocket - blink and you'll miss him' Ronnie O'Sullivan - My favourite player of all time, i know some of you lads will hate him because he isn't a sportsman - and you're right, he's probably the worst sportsman in any sport theres ever been but the man is a genious and i could sit and watch him for hours. His ability is off the scale, i love him, absolutley love him. Maybe not on title's, but on ability the greatest player to ever play the game - and whether you love him or hate him, you can't deny the genuine class of the man.

BBC Sport - The highs and lows of 'Rocket' Ronnie O'Sullivan's career

I'm a massive/religious snooker fan, if you can't tell lol.

In was a snooker fan when pot black was all the rage, with fred davis, alex higgins, steve davis, bill werbenuick, doug mountjoy ,to name a few.

But you have to admit Spitting Image did a great job on Steve "interesting" davis. Turned him from a machine to a human. lol

Hendry and ronnie my two favs of modern times.

Well I'm gd friends with rob milkins and been china etc with him over the last few years so hoping he can cause a big upset against Robertson.

Also jack aswel being from Gloucester and think he has a great chance against Hawkins.

Got a lil feeling mark Allen will do well thou.

Thought was a bit unfair mark Davis had to qualify thou even thou he's in the top 16, because of ronnies entry. Sure there would of been a bit of drama had he lost to wenbo, which was a real tough draw. Ronnie will be hungry thou and on his day is unbeatable.

I did forget to mention Neil Robertson - but from watching the premierleague snooker from time to time on sky he doesn't seem to be in the swing of things at the moment - suppose it all changes when the Worlds are on though.

And as for the younger generation coming through...i can see Ding and Judd being the 'Jimmy White' nearlly men of the Worlds - they may win countless masters, Uk's ect... but just can't for the life of me ever seeing either of them lifting the World Championship.

Now the late great Bill Werbenuick was a legend lol talk about 'beer guzzling' don't think i've ever seen anyone sup as many pints as him. He used to have like 10 before the game and 1 between each frame to calm his nerves haha

What did he die from Mark, clean living?

I didn't know what he died for so had a quick wikipedia search and apparantly in 2003 he died of Heart Failure...must of had a cast iron liver then because that man could drink. You ever watch him trev? made georgey best look a lightweight ha.

Is Cliff Thorburn still in it ?

You're about 15years out KAS1 lol...

Mark I think Trev was yanking your chain a little, bill was well known for drinking gallons of beer a night, and smoked like a chimney.They all used to take beta blockers to keep there nerve. Bill famously split his pants over the table once, and some flooky shot too.

didnt read any posts as i've unfinished business elsewhere on forum ,
but i love watching the world snooker , rocket ron always a contender but even the best need matchplay practice so i wouldnt expect miracles from him.

Even if ronnie goes out in Round 1, he's still a god.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mark Allen do well though, that lads straight to the point.

Not sure if they're due to play each other but Selby - Rocket final, with Selby winning. He is the man to beat nowadays, seen him play first hand a few times and just ouzes class, puts the white where-ever he wants to, pots like a demon and safety to match. Ronnie will have to go some to beat him, but is alway capable. Will see in a couple of weeks. PS I'm more of a pool man so my opinions generally dont count :)

Looks like my jinx's are working, good bye Ding. Good win for Judd yesterday though, not sure he's got the bottle to win it, he looked a bit twitchy towards the end :) Hawkins is playing well but its looking like it's Ronnie's year. (I probably shouldn't of said that lol)

With the way Ronnie is playing he's on fire. The self imposed break has done him well. Would be nice to see the final go down to the last frame.

this years champion will come from the trump / o'sullivan game , both look heads above the rest of the field.
And lady ref michaela tabb is a real fox. phwoar !
;-)

Reply to World Snooker Championship 2013. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock