Discuss Wylex 80A 30mA rcd - backwards compatible? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

polo1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone advise if the WRS80/2 (the current version in Lifeline boards) is compatible with earlier Wylex boards from busbar and prong type/spacing perspectives?

I have a feeling that the board which requires a replacement has a busbar which is solid copper with half circles cut out for connection to breakers/RCDs (whereas the current version has busbar with small, thin prongs).

Last edited:
think you can fit, most wylex RCDs and MCBs have the option of fitting either type of busbar, but i'm not certain on latest versions.

Not defo but I recall fitting a wrs80/2 to an existing Wylex board a few years back. I remember it was an oldish 16th Ed board. Don't remember having any issues with the busbar, and am not sure whether it was the prong or half circle type.

I have just had to replace one and they do fit both type of busbars although you will find the prong type busbar is slightly offset backwards , so the busbar will need to be adjusted , although if using a Wylex busbar you should find the end is actually offset to allow for this..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, for those who may be interested, the wrs80/2 is backwards compatible. The older Wylex board does have the busbar with half-round cuts to seat the bottom of rcd/mcb but the rcd accommodates either this or the narrow prong type bar.

Reply to Wylex 80A 30mA rcd - backwards compatible? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Folks, A bit baffled (not difficult) ... added a light switch in a rental this week (empty property so no social distancing issues) and checked...
Replies
Views
Doing one more of the flood of EICR today on a rented property before a tenant change, but ran into a slightly interesting case so would...
Replies
Views
Plumber changes boiler and RCD main switch starts tripping at various times when its firing up or soon after. (I was there doing other work). I...
Replies
Views
Hi I hope this is the right forum to ask some advice for what I hope is a straight forward question. Short version: Is an RCD required in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. First time poster here with a hell of a lot less hair than I had 3 weeks ago now! so please be nice, I'll try and explain best I can. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock