Discuss x12 Suntech 250W STP250S 20/Wd (3KW, 3x4 Landscape array)-Best SMA Inverter? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am planning on installing x12 Suntech 250W STP250S 20/Wd Panels (3KW).

The panels will be installed Landscape 3 wide by 4 high.

I was thinking of pairing these panels with a SMA Inverter.

I have looked at 2500HF-30 (Transformer) and 3000TL (Transformerless).

I intend to use a Linux program sma-bluetooth to output data to Pvoutput.org.

My computer has a Linux OS.

PVoutput.org

PVOutput

sma-bluetooth:

http://code.google.com/p/sma-bluetoo...i/Installation

Both the above transformers use Bluetooth, but the 3000TL works better with sma-bluetooth, problems have been reported with 2500 HF's.

Which inverter would you install with these Suntechs and why?

I dont want to buy a SMA sunnyboy webox as they are too expensive and want to send data from the inverter to PVoutput.org.

I have heard that the 3000 TL have a lower startup voltage and are more efficient?

Which inverter should I choose and why?

How would these panels be best configured on the chosen inverter, as one string of 12 or alternative given the limitations of each inverter?

Please can someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your help.

Reply to x12 Suntech 250W STP250S 20/Wd (3KW, 3x4 Landscape array)-Best SMA Inverter? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net