Discuss Yet another Meal out in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Looks like we are going for another meal out after Xmas

it appears to be the only way to get paid by these restaurants, only a small job £60 call out to a loose connection

now they won't pay !!! "Because it didn't take long"

it's the 2nd time now that we have had a meal and then presented our invoice as part payment for the meal (different restaurant each time)

wont be working for any more in the future!! I don't like the food that much

take the family for a meal. when the bill comes, refuse to pay, coz. it didn't take long to eat it.

After seeing the state of some of the kitchens I've worked in restaurants they couldn't even pay me to eat the food

Same here, the big flash & always packed Indian restaurant in town that is the in place to go, has a minging hole of a kitchen, just plain filthy & the ****s bumped me a year ago on a 1K invoice.
Well they tried I found out where the boss lived so paid a visit to deliver the final demand in person & got a personal cheque for £500.

I did a visual inspection on an indian takeout....YUCK
(though the industrial cleaners hadn't been yet seemingly (taking over a business that had been closed for years)
Though his idea of decorating involved liberally covering every switch and socket with copious amounts of paint.

Used to do call outs for a well known pizza chain on a MTC contract Always wanted extra works done and paid in pizzas.

On a bad day you would end up with five or six of the things lol used to go to the local and give them away for beer

I do regular work for a local Chinese and get paid no problem even invited for a special meal every Boxing Day and special treatment every time we eat there I think it's great but they don't like to loose business so I do the work from 23.30 - 09.00 only complaint I have is the floor is oily so it's like working on ice at times lol. And now I do all the arrangements for all works that are done on the building and just have to tell them I need more cash and it's there in advance !! Life is sweet !!

Update had a great meal booked in the names of William Dew and B.A. Lance when he presented the invoice gave him ours and told him to take that from Bill Dews share and Mr balance paid the difference. His face was a picture lol. Don't hink he will call us again but who needs it.

Surely it's only fair that the food/drink bill you consume adds up to 4 times the amount you're owed? Because that £24 main only cost the buggers £6 to produce!

Reply to Yet another Meal out in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net