Discuss Zs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Brain dead at the mo,a 100 amp bs1361 fuse max Zs is .030,so how come tncs supply allows max 0.35 & tns supply allows max .80,surely the main fuse must comply to max allowed Zs in bs7671,any thoughts cheers

Correct, I'm still lookin for bgb,the tns max will not be anywhere near the required Zs for the 100 amp fuse,& just wondering how that will comply at the cut out end

If you can find a table that quotes for "BS1361" ......

True, I used a app on my phone to look it up lol

- - - Updated - - -

I will have a beer please Dill thanks buddy

No worries, a can of Skol is on its way.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct, I'm still lookin for bgb,the tns max will not be anywhere near the required Zs for the 100 amp fuse,& just wondering how that will comply at the cut out end

Read my first reply.

The reason for the difference in Ze values between TNCS and TNS is:

TNCS shares it earth fault path with the Neutral supply conductor.

TNS earth fault path is down the steel casing of the supply cable.

This is also the reason that PSCC/PEFC on TNCS are roughly the same, and on TNS they can be significantly different.

In any case, the max Zs and disconnection times in BS7671 apply to either supply type.

Cheers………….Howard

Reply to Zs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views
Cable calcs using cable calc app Working out cable size for a workshop. 100m long, 100a supply, mccb 100a zs- 0.23 ohms, in a duct on its own...
Replies
Views
If the max Ze for Tncs is 0.35 but you had a 1361 60amp fused isolator before the c.u with the 1361 having a max Zs of 0.56 (from the 80% chart)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Recently I have come across an advert of someone selling Afdds C type and the person mentioned the need to sell because Zs was too...
Replies
Views
Been looking at a CU change in a small office and would appreciate comments on the following. Office is supplied from the mains intake in the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock