Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

I'm looking to change ceiling light - from Ikea, its metal but there is no earth on new light connectors...i thought any metal light needed...
Replies
Views
What are you guys using a additional physical security on on your vans? Assuming no-one is foolish enough to be relying on the OEM door lock and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm not an electrician, but anyone who can chime in or direct me to someone/something/website than can identify it, would be much...
Replies
Views
I’ve got to install flat and round 5 inch pvc ducting on quite a large scale, I’m currently cutting it with a grinder but it kicks up a lot of...
Replies
Views
My assessor said that the minimum CSA for a Main earthing conductor for a TT was 16mm. I questioned this as I thought it was 4mm. Regulation...
Replies
Views
Hi, I undertsand this to be a TN-S system as the earthing arrangement comes along the SWA metal sheath surround but the Ze i got is 0.19 which...
Replies
Views
Been watching an American documentary on the IBEW Electician's Union, realise it's an American idea, but do you think this sort of thing would...
Replies
Views
Hello, my name is Silviu and I am looking for some advice. I came from Romania about half a year ago. I have worked as an electrician for over 5...
Replies
Views
Working in school kitchen,they have a hot warmer & lights to keep food warm Pulled out plugs ,really hot & on pins too. Checked socket connections...
Replies
Views
Having just done the 17th edition in January I am in no hurry to sit through the torture all over again to do the 18th, a friend of mine has...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Ive been booked in for my am2 for the 2nd week of october. My employer and college have been really big helps in sorting me out for the...
Replies
Views
So I’ve finished a rewire recently and I’ve come to testing the ring circuit for the down stairs sockets and I’m not getting what I’m testing in...
Replies
Views
hi i need a relay instead of a contactor for a large room with two electric ufh mats, relay will be quieter than a noisey contactor, need 16amp...
Replies
Views
Hi, My extractor is failing and i need to replace it. It can take a while to spin up sometimes and can make a high pitched noise while it is doing...
Replies
Views
just received an email that got my spider-sense tingling. The wording is odd, and there is nothing specific in the email like, where they live, or...
Replies
Views
Anyone come across screened compartment trunking before? If so is anyone aware of any specific reg governing the use of this, in regards to length...
Replies
Views
Squid
S
Last week I had finished fitting a mains board inside a lighthouse and had started to clip the flex for a tubular heater. First bash of the hammer...
Replies
Views
I have a customer with a nobo system 500 orion 512 controller that has burnt out. I know that these are obsolete, but is there anything I could...
Replies
Views
Hi all, originally posted this on new member but I am keen to get a response. I am trying to repair a tumble dryer. I ordered a part from ebay...
Replies
Views
Just a thought - has anyone ever had to install a replacement domestic CU vertically (‘portrait’) because there isn’t enough room to fit in...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock