Discuss 2 Appliances hard wired. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

K-Linerz

Hi,

I have recently bought 2 kitchen appliances that need to be hard wired in.

Pyrolitic oven that is 3.84kW + Induction hob that is 7.4kW.

I have in my kitchen 1 point to wire in where the cooker would go. I know i cannot fit the 2 in one unit so what would need to happen.

Can the single point be converted into a double so that they can both be wired in?
The house was made in the 1970's and has had a replacement main fuse box within the last 10 years.

Im no good with the lingo and my electrical knowledge stretches as far as replacing light fittings, switches and sockets but thats it.

Many thanks :)

if cable supplying it will be adequate then it should be possible. best to get a local electrician in to asses the situation...

Hi,

I have recently bought 2 kitchen appliances that need to be hard wired in.

Pyrolitic oven that is 3.84kW + Induction hob that is 7.4kW.

I have in my kitchen 1 point to wire in where the cooker would go. I know i cannot fit the 2 in one unit so what would need to happen.

Can the single point be converted into a double so that they can both be wired in?
The house was made in the 1970's and has had a replacement main fuse box within the last 10 years.

Im no good with the lingo and my electrical knowledge stretches as far as replacing light fittings, switches and sockets but thats it.

Many thanks :)

With a possibility of 48 amps not taking diversity into account I would prefer a separate circuit for each item imho

I would also go with 2 x separate circuits. Or possibly not go for the induction Hob. Would it be fairly easy to instal an additional circuit?

convert the cooker outlet to a dual outlet. as long as the feed is a 6mm cable protected by a 32A MCB, it will be fine.

Reply to 2 Appliances hard wired. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net