Discuss 20 amp joint box, instead of 5 amp in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

strato86

Is it OK to put a 20 amp joint box on instead of a 5 amp on a lighting circuit, baring in mind it will be about to be tested? I know its a bit of a stupid question. Is just because I have no 5 amp lying around.
Cheers.

Thats okay, just dont do it the other way round.

Also, as the junction box terminals will be bigger, make sure the cable has terminated okay if it is screw thread terminals.

Larger is better than smaller if terminated correctly there cant be any problem, if it becomes a problem tell them you have a new batch of wagos on the way.

Wago

most lighting junction boxes ( the screw terminal type ) are rated at 20A. this is just the max. current they are designed for. same as you may have a 100A main switch in a CU where the installation never draws more than 60A.

If I am putting more than one cable in I prefer the 20A. It means I can see it and get the cables in without too much stress. :) They can make a mess of 1.0 mm conductors if you are not careful.

junction boxes after using the ashley's i wont go back to the old round ones infact unless they are fixed and the cables fully clipped you shouldnt realy use them as there is no cable clamps and they should now be clamped i can never remember the reg no for this but its between page 1 and 389 ,also the wago's and wago boxes are stomping for this

Reply to 20 amp joint box, instead of 5 amp in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I looking for a way to monitor the power usage of a 20 amp machine. i would love if there was something simple , just plugin device.i guess i...
Replies
Views
I am interested in having a home generator that would provide power to my home when the power is out during hurricane season, etc. I have 2...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 1 bedroom appartment from 1954. I opened my breaker box to find out what the extra double 20 amp was used for and I realized that it's...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
Long standing issue on my VW Transporter T4. First noticed under 'lockdown'. Battery drains flat if stood more that 3 - 4 days. Industrial spark's...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock