Discuss 2365 level 3 and NVQ at the same time? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am currently about to finish my level 2 of 2365 and move on to level 3 in September. However, whilst halfway through my second year I managed to get a job installing bms systems which includes a wide variety of electrical work. This is great for me but I am wondering if I could do the NVQ level 3 at the same time as my level 3 2365 course? I've only heard of people doing it after ( after they gain employment within the industry). But as I have found employment already, I would like to complete it as fast as I can, is this possible?

Many thanks in advance,
Tom

I think it would be best to ask your training provider this on an individual level.
I can see no reason why you should not be able to gather evidence for the NVQ3 as you are working in the industry.
However the training centre would need to verify that they would be prepared to allow NVQ evidence from you at your level of training.
There may be quite a lot of work involved in doing training, NVQ and work at the same time so be prepared to allow the NVQ to drag whilst maintaining the 2365 and employment if they permit this route.

Hi everyone,
I am currently about to finish my level 2 of 2365 and move on to level 3 in September. However, whilst halfway through my second year I managed to get a job installing bms systems which includes a wide variety of electrical work. This is great for me but I am wondering if I could do the NVQ level 3 at the same time as my level 3 2365 course? I've only heard of people doing it after ( after they gain employment within the industry). But as I have found employment already, I would like to complete it as fast as I can, is this possible?

Many thanks in advance,
Tom

Find out what electrical work you will be doing because now you have completed level 2 you can actually move over on to an apprenticeship and because u have completed level 2 it actually counts towards your apprenticeship
I know this because I would of completed level 2 year 1 in a couple months and will be starting an apprenticeship in Sept, but because I'm only half way through the level it won't count towards my apprenticeship
My apprenticeship Is only £495 per year which is cheaper than the 2365 I was doing plus I'm getting paid for what I want to do

Find out what electrical work you will be doing because now you have completed level 2 you can actually move over on to an apprenticeship and because u have completed level 2 it actually counts towards your apprenticeship
I know this because I would of completed level 2 year 1 in a couple months and will be starting an apprenticeship in Sept, but because I'm only half way through the level it won't count towards my apprenticeship
My apprenticeship Is only £495 per year which is cheaper than the 2365 I was doing plus I'm getting paid for what I want to do

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply.
Thats good news then! Do you know what stage I would be in the apprenticeship once I transfer over? As in would I still have only 1 year left? Also would that make me fully qualified when I completed the NVQ? As in finished AM2 and everything.

i do quite a wide variety of work so I don't think that side of things should be a problem. The only thing that might be a problem is the fact that we don't really fit any distribution boards, single or three phase.
I install tray, basket, conduit and trunking containment, do some power to motors/ fans/ inverters, the rest is mainly extra low voltage control cables e.g pressure switches, temp sensors, fault and enables etc.
does this sound suitable to be able to complete the NVQ pretty quickly?

Thats so cheap compared to 2365 evening course.... Is it the same for all apprenticeships? I'm 23 so it might differ possibly?

Many thanks, Tom

Hi Tom, when I started evenings doing the 2365 the first thing I was told is you won't be a qualified spark at the end, not until you do the nvq3 which Is meant to be 1 year long but if you can get the work I know some that did it in 6 months and one guy said he did it in 4 months

I can't say for certain where u will be at if you transfer over, I think completing level 2 2365 , is just one year towards the apprenticeship which is 3 or 4 years...someone will correct me

I'm 33 and I've been told by the advisor that it's now £495 per year, you must be able to get the government to pay half yours because u are under 24, u need to find out

I am pretty sure u will have to do some dis board though

Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance,
Tom
where are you thinking of doing your nvq at ?

Reply to 2365 level 3 and NVQ at the same time? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net