Search the forum,

Discuss 2391 March Completed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Good day gents

I am doing my 2391 prac in April and I had a quick question,when doing the test and inspection on the test rig there will be the main board and a sub board.Will this require two shedule of inspections and two schedule of test results?or just two schedule of test results? Help and any other tips would be much appreciated.

Regards Mike

Thanks for the advise.I have been getting so many different answers,I assumed it was like this as they only give you 1 SOI and 2 STR. Its confusing
because in a real life situation would you not treat each board as a seperate installation?

Sorry to sound rude but if you cannot pass that practical exam i wouldnt bother trying for the written

The practical in my opinion and everyone else in my class was that it was highly easy, it does help to have some background knowledge of inspection and testing

Good luck for your future exams/resit

Well i passed assessments 1, 2 and 3. When it came to assessment 4 (a full periodic inspection & test) to prove dead I just got a mind block, didnt know where to put the probes, cos everything seemed to look upside down, I managed to eventually prove dead after 15 or 20 mins which should only take a couple of mins. I clawed back time because as I was doing a great job with continuity, ring final and insulation resistance tests and I felt very confident. Then when it came to live test Ze, again I just fell apart, mind block and again everything seemed to look upside down. As I looked confused and was taken a long time he decided to stop the assessment.

Well i passed assessments 1, 2 and 3. When it came to assessment 4 (a full periodic inspection & test) to prove dead I just got a mind block, didnt know where to put the probes, cos everything seemed to look upside down, I managed to eventually prove dead after 15 or 20 mins which should only take a couple of mins. I clawed back time because as I was doing a great job with continuity, ring final and insulation resistance tests and I felt very confident. Then when it came to live test Ze, again I just fell apart, mind block and again everything seemed to look upside down. As I looked confused and was taken a long time he decided to stop the assessment.
Just keep practicing till you really know what you want to do with the board.
Now you have been through the test rig you can remember what was there and how it was laid out and plan from there.
I panic in exams and found it really difficult to concentrate on the required tasks.

i have it on tuesday and ive had a look at similar board , he wouldnt show us the board for 2391.. and yes they look upside down. you just need to know where the feed cables are comming from and follow them... but yes upside down to me last week aaswell

Hi mate for the Zs tests just measure the circuits with socket outlets all the rest you can calculate from Ze + (R1+R2)
and the Ze of your single phase baord is also the ZS for the sub circuit from the 3 phase baord to single phase and for the single phase when doing Ze dont disconnect the earthing as this isnt the true Ze is only at origin ie the 3 phase board whichever is the highest from L1-E L2-E L3-E
tro calculate Zs for single phase circuits
use Ze +(R1+R2 sub) + (R1 +R2 single pase circuits )

Last edited:
i was told to ring by lunchtime tomorrow and if not in im going to enrol on the next exam as tomorrow is deadline for that too, so hopefully falls into place

that was lady in local college exams office... so ring at 12 tomorrow and if results arn't in pay £29.60 for resit . then probably pass next week

Ive tried calling but no luck!, 42 working days falls next week, i guess it must be UP TO 42 working days

I chased my test centre and they chased C&G who said they would respond in 5 days. 6 days yesterday and got and email from test centre saying I had passed. I believe they get results from C&G via a web link they log into.

Lots of you guys passing. Did you honestly expect to pass, how much revision effort would you recommend and how difficult did you find the exam?

I am beginning my 2391 course on Monday and will will sit the exam after 4 weeks. Currently revising GN3. Have not had any problems so far in electrical exams, 2382, 2330 etc. Have been warned before every exam how tricky they are, and it has made me anxious, so I revised like crazy. I have not found any exam relatively difficult, but this one should be cause for concern guys?

May I ask what you would recommend I revise mostly? Any tips?

Definatly past papers as some questions come up again or very similar. It all so gets you use to what they are asking. Make sure you know all your tests in the correct order. Good luck. Really enjoyed doing mine

Hi im new been following forum since doing my 2391 on 15th march, left exam thinking it was easy but over time lost confidence, i passed yeahhhh!!!
congrats to all that passed.

Reply to 2391 March Completed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net