Discuss 240v hoist wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, hoping someone will be able to help me decipher the wiring for this hoist controller. the handset it came with has stopped working and I have purchased a new one but it uses momentary buttons instead of a rocker switch, I have sketched out what I think is the right wiring for it but want to be 100% before I power it up and risk tripping an RCD or ending up with a questionable hair style XD

I have attached a picture of the original controller and a schematic of what I think the wiring should be for the new controller, I would appreciate any input and advice on if I'm on the right track. I'm normally good at working things out but for some reason my brain can not process this one XD

Thanks for all and any advice, I really appreciate any input, Josh :)

Attachments

• 0a05f2fc-aa06-4d08-9305-87baa1447eea.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Hoist Diagram.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 19
Is there not a danger in using buttons where both could be pressed at the same time?
It's only me who uses it, and only then when I'm moving heavy items like a server into the loft, didn't think I'd be lost without the hoist, be a massive weight lifted, pun intended, when it's fixed XD

Is there not a danger in using buttons where both could be pressed at the same time?
Most hoist control handsets have mechanical interlocks between up/down left/right fw/back also it is normal to see both n/o and n/c contacts on all buttons except the stop buttons.

therefore it is advisable to wire the up button n/o contact through the down button n/c contact and vice versa.

Most hoist control handsets have mechanical interlocks between up/down left/right fw/back also it is normal to see both n/o and n/c contacts on all buttons except the stop buttons.

therefore it is advisable to wire the up button n/o contact through the down button n/c contact and vice versa.
Amazing, Thanks James, other than that it should be good? :D

Amazing, Thanks James, other than that it should be good? :D
That is a big assumption (like a garage saying briefly as you pay the bill, other than the brakes not working, it’s good to go)

generaly speaking if you are trying to run a motor in 2 directions, you should ensure that you have both mechanical and electrical interlocks to prevent it being run in both directions simultaneously.

Reply to 240v hoist wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net