Discuss 3 EICR Testers, what do of make of this? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have had 3 EICR's completed for a property. There has been no physical change to the circuits since the first EICR.
Ignore the "LIM" on Circuit 7, I understand that. Would be very interested in hearing your views.

Attachments

• EICR_MeterMeasurments.pdf
    411.8 KB · Views: 42
Why have you had three done. Tester 3 seems to be measuring somewhat different to they other two for the highlighted circuit so unless that circuit has been altered his/her readings indicate the circuit is now much shorter than previously.

Hi - if I may, I’d like to start with a question - why did you get 3 reports?

It's a rental property. Tester 1 report was Satisfactory. Tester 2 report was Unsatisfactory, Tester 3 was Unsatisfactory. Testers 2 and 3 gave different C2's and C3's. The date's of the testing is on the document.

Tester 3 seems to be measuring somewhat different to they other two for the highlighted circuit so unless that circuit has been altered his/her readings indicate the circuit is now much shorter than previously.

There has been no change to the circuits. I am at a loss to understand how he got those readings unless he has a magical wand to shorten ring-main circuits. Please note: Tester 3 had a copy of the previous EICR's which makes it even more extraordinary. His only reply to my email seeking clarification is "The upstairs sockets continuity results are different when they should be the same."

The observation in Tester 3 EICR report is...
1 The test results for circuit 3 show loose connections within the circuit. C2

I am hoping someone on here would know how those readings can possibly be attained.

Last edited:
We have three sets of readings for the same circuit, two are similar so we can assume they are correct. If we assume these are correct and the circuit has not been altered then Tester 3 is incorrect, the readings are way off the first two.

We have three sets of readings for the same circuit, two are similar so we can assume they are correct. If we assume these are correct and the circuit has not been altered then Tester 3 is incorrect, the readings are way off the first two.
Thank-you every one who responded

So I will have to go back to Tester 3 and ask him to evaluate my abbreviated 3 Tester EICR results page. Cross check them with the EICR's he has and re-consider the results he has put forward.

Must be some loose connections. Interesting they can't agree or even count the amount of fittings supplied by the circuit. No IR readings. No. 3 seems to be measuring a quarter of 1 and 2 readings for the ring circuit. Only no. 2 has noted the correct value of max Zs so he seems more Kosher. Think no. 3 must have had a brainstorm on down sockets or his meter has failed. The fractional difference between meters is nothing at all except really for the down ring on 3. Bear in mind that even the technique of how you apply your crocs can make those kind of differences. As well fractions of an ohm such as above are discountable.

Do you know how long each tester spend on site? I come across quite a few reports where the tester has completed the test & inspection in less than an hour, and some of the results are obviously made up.

If tester 1 gave you a satisfactory report, what made you get 2 more?

The first report is from 2013, I guess the second recent one is due to lettings legislation, and the third because the second one gave the wrong observations (C2 instead of C3 for the usual items).

Gent's

Before I send tester 3 a revised table (attached) highlighting down stairs ring-main anomaly, would you mind doing a sanity check on the document to ensure there are no glaring mistakes.

Much appreciated,

Attachments

• EICR_Calc.pdf
    425.3 KB · Views: 30
I think you know the answer already, No3 could not even be bothered to find out how many sockets where served on the FRC I would suspect most of the results are to be taken with a pinch of salt and perhaps a squeeze of Lemon.

Reply to 3 EICR Testers, what do of make of this? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net