Discuss 3rd Amendment Metal Consumer Unit Product review in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I thought that was only an interim/stopgap before they brought the easy9 stuff in!

Not sure, the link I gave is this years for AM3 boards though. I recall fitting a Schneider board about 4 years ago and the breakers were the same as the easy 9 stuff is now, but plainly branded as schneider.

To add to the confusion I saw a resi-9 board that came with a pre-wired toilet block that I supplied power to a couple of weeks before xmas. It was not plug in but still bottom cable entry with a floating busbar along the top of the breakers.

I had to replace an old square d rcd in a 30 year old board before Christmas luckily a mate of mine had a replacement unusual design with tails in the bottom and the two outgoing are plug in at the top

now the schneider mcbs used to be ich60 and something else and that was the only way to tell the difference between the ranges at one point.

resi9/loadmaster are still around lyods pharmacy spec them and there utter ****e

Lovely boards to work with imo. The square knockouts to the rear are a complete nightmare but that's the only downside.

Installed a four way one recently. I removed the guts first, and laid it rear face down on a wooden floor. Then took a small sharp cold chisel and cut into each of the small tabs around the knockout. After that, the knockout came out fairly easily and I took the burrs and edges off with a file. Done properly, no need even for grommet strip.

Reply to 3rd Amendment Metal Consumer Unit Product review in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, DIY'er here looking for some advice. In March 2023 we should be getting 5.5kW of solar PV going on the roof feeding into the current...
Replies
Views
I recently had an electrician install a new consumer unit in my cellar. A second electrician, who is subcontracted by my bathroom fitter to carry...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to posting but been reading for years. I inherited a house from my grandmother who passed in 2021, I intend to renovate and rent out...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking to replace an existing CU (ground floor) and put it in a new position (first floor). The existing CU is on the inside of a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just a quick one hopefully. I had a job to test and the board was mounted off the wall by 2 battons of wood, so the back of the board would...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock