Discuss A shining example of customer service in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

When I was about 6-7 sort of age I lived in a police house next to the (small town) station as my dad was a local bobby. Happened that the station got a refurb that coincided with my summer holidays, so every day I tagged along with the chippy who was running the job for the contractor. I must have bugged the hell out of them all. After a couple of weeks, on payday Friday he turned up with the old style cash wages packet for me, with 50p in it, claiming that he'd insisted to the office I get paid. And I've still got that pay packet to this day.

Likewise, similar period of time we got gas installed - and so out I went in the trench with them attempting to use a pneumatic road drill that was bigger than I was. This would have been late 70's, no way it would happen today!!

When I was about 6-7 sort of age I lived in a police house next to the (small town) station as my dad was a local bobby. Happened that the station got a refurb that coincided with my summer holidays, so every day I tagged along with the chippy who was running the job for the contractor. I must have bugged the hell out of them all. After a couple of weeks, on payday Friday he turned up with the old style cash wages packet for me, with 50p in it, claiming that he'd insisted to the office I get paid. And I've still got that pay packet to this day.

Likewise, similar period of time we got gas installed - and so out I went in the trench with them attempting to use a pneumatic road drill that was bigger than I was. This would have been late 70's, no way it would happen today!!

Sounds like my own childhood, but I got a slap in lieu of pay - the old "that's for nothing, do something and you'll get another" school of training ?

You could have been really useful running cables under suspended floors....

Reply to A shining example of customer service in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net