Discuss adding to a mcb in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have seen 4mm Spurs taken from sockets to feed a couple of sockets numerous times and I don't see an issue providing the socket is capable of housing such cable as all CCC are fine. Yes it's not conventional and I. Appendix 15 but neither is a lollipop ring.
As for it being in 2.5 it's a no on a 32. If clipped direct maybe down rate to 25?? If max load allows this.

lol , this thread is pure comedy gold.

clearly there are 2 camps ;

those whom only do what a book tells them to do

those whom are prepared to utilize non standard wiring arrangements that are comparable in terms of operation and safety to what the book says.

those whom are prepared to utilize non standard wiring arrangements that are comparable in terms of operation and safety to what the book says.

only after a number of years on the job is a spark able to accurately design his own circuit distribution,until you are fully confident it is best to stick to the regs / o.s.g for guidance.

Bang on Biff......my next rod is going to be 2ft long with an Ra of 500 ohms...fricken' RCD'll still go out wiv 1167 ohms to spare so whats the issue Eng? :death:

OK I'm incline to ask you what YOU would do if you came across my scenario but it was installed before you got there.
Leave it be? After all its a double socket installed 4ft up a faux chimney breast (for a TV) with t'other dbl skt installed on the side of the breast (he he he) (for games console & broadband).
Or rectify it?

While this thread has reached an enormous amount of replies, I shall look into a career in painting/decorating while you respond! Lol

OK I'm incline to ask you what YOU would do if you came across my scenario but it was installed before you got there.
Leave it be? After all its a double socket installed 4ft up a faux chimney breast (for a TV) with t'other dbl skt installed on the side of the breast (he he he) (for games console & broadband).
Or rectify it?
all depends if your on day rate or price :)
While this thread has reached an enormous amount of replies, I shall look into a career in painting/decorating while you respond! Lol
all depends if its day rate or price? :)

Popcorn at the ready! :1eye:

How many boxes have you gone through?
I wasn't expecting over 100 posts and counting! :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

I've currently got my new 5kW oven wired in on a 0.75 flex and plug onto my 32A RFC.
The 13A BS1362 is holding out quite well so far.

How many boxes have you gone through?
I wasn't expecting over 100 posts and counting! :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

I've currently got my new 5kW oven wired in on a 0.75 flex and plug onto my 32A RFC.
The 13A BS1362 is holding out quite well so far.
If that joker who was on watchdog last week wired your oven up,I'm sure it will be fine.

How long will what lot hold in?
The 10 double sockets with small battery chargers in them all fed by one SFCU for ease of switching off?

It's not always pointless, that is up to the person designing the installation to decide , the regulations just set out what is or is not allowed .

How long will what lot hold in?
The 10 double sockets with small battery chargers in them all fed by one SFCU for ease of switching off?

It's not always pointless, that is up to the person designing the installation to decide , the regulations just set out what is or is not allowed .

If you have got multiple spurs of one fcu, I would rather design/ create an circuit fit for purpose.

In an ideal world yes , but the world isn't always ideal.

I'd rather design a proper circuit too, but then I'd rather not go back a couple of years to the month when I could only afford to eat once every 3 days.

In an ideal world yes , but the world isn't always ideal.

I'd rather design a proper circuit too, but then I'd rather not go back a couple of years to the month when I could only afford to eat once every 3 days.

That design method is nothing more than an glorified, fixed wired multi socket extension lead.

The fact that you can have as many sockets as you like, doesn't necessarily mean that all the sockets will be used at the same time.
However if by some chance they are, the 13A fuse will protect the circuit conductors from overload.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people come out with total nonsense?
We have informative appendices in a book containing Regulations.
What else would they be providing information for other than the Regs, TV listings?
The fact that Appendix 15 does give Reg numbers is neither here nor there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people come out with total nonsense?
We have informative appendices in a book containing Regulations.
What else would they be providing information for other than the Regs, TV listings?
The fact that Appendix 15 does give Reg numbers is neither here nor there.

Agree with you Mate

Reply to adding to a mcb in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net