Discuss Alarm installation on a fiat scudo 57 plate with canbus system in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

APE37

-
Reaction score
Hi there,
Hope someone can help me on this. I have bought an alarm that is a canbus 2-1 thatcham upgrade for my 57 fiat Scudo Van, and the installer who is coming to fit it on wednesday has told me that as it is a canbus system and the key is used to arm and disarm the alarm (and the locks) the canbus system on the van needs to be activated to accept the alarm. He told me to contact fiat about it so they can see if it is ready to accept the alarm or, if not, switch it to accept it. I have contacted Fiat, and they told me that they don't know what I am talking about but they gave me two numbers for other companies that they work with. One company said that they have not heard this ever and the other has said there are parts of the canbus system that can be switched, but they are for the dashboard if it needs changing or satnav or remote start, and that any alarm should work on it as the canbus does not affect the alarm. I have told this to the installe and he is adament that he is right and he is coming to fit it on Wednesday and told me if it don't work I will need to take it to fiat by having what seems to be some sort of plug in machine to switch the setting on the canbus on the van. He will also leave me with the spec sheet to hand to Fiat. Just wondering if this guy is right as Fiat and the other companies have said different? If so, can I instead take it to an auto electrician to sort as fiat and the other companies don't seem to understand me or is it as he says is a job for fiat?

Thanks for all help in advance.

Reply to Alarm installation on a fiat scudo 57 plate with canbus system in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net