Discuss all the trouble in syria is caused by global warming in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Barry White

Prince Charles:rolleyes4: thinks he's nailed the troubles in Syria (see below) its down to global warming (we need oil to cool our houses:lol:

LONDON, Nov 23 Britain's Prince Charles has pointed to the world's failure to tackle climate change as a root cause of the civil war in Syria, terrorism and the consequent refugee crisis engulfing Europe.
The heir to the British throne is due to give a keynote speech at the opening of a global climate summit in Paris next week where 118 leaders will gather to try to nail down a deal to limit rising greenhouse gas emissions.
The prince said in an interview with Sky News, to be aired on Monday and recorded before the Nov. 13 attacks in Paris, that such symptoms were a "classic case of not dealing with the problem".
"Some of us were saying 20 something years ago that if we didn't tackle these issues, you would see ever greater conflict over scarce resources and ever greater difficulties over drought, and the accumulating effect of climate change which means that people have to move," he said.
"And in fact there's very good evidence indeed that one of the major reasons for this horror in Syria, funnily enough, was a drought that lasted for about five or six years, which meant that huge numbers of people in the end had to leave the land but increasingly they came into the cities."
Britain's royal family is expected to stay out of politics, and the 67-year-old prince has faced accusations of meddling in the past when he has spoken out about climate change and sustainability.
Asked in the interview, which Sky said was filmed three weeks ago, whether there was direct link between climate change, conflict and terrorism, Charles said: "Absolutely."
"We never deal with the underlying root cause which regrettably is what we're doing to our natural environment," he said, noting that far greater problems lay ahead if climate change was not addressed immediately.
Even in a time of austerity, the world could not afford not to act, he said.
"I mean the difficulties in 2008 with the financial crash - that was a banking crisis. But we're now facing a real possibility of nature's bank going bust,"

source http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/11/23/climatechange-summit-charles-idUKL8N13I0YU20151123

If Syria didn't have oil I doubt other countries would bother supplying either side with arms so the government and insurgents would have to resort to throwing camels and sand at each other.

Haven't read his reasoning in full. Syria was the only country in the region to be self sufficient in food production before the conflict began. This short piece from the BBC eludes to something similar;

Syria's drought: How has the country at war coped? - BBC News

There are many examples in history where starvation, poverty and economic depression, instigate conflicts. Some of contributing factors for Hitler's rise to power. Whether the drought in Syria, was caused by global warming, I can't say.

Last edited:
I know the press love to hate him but I don't mind him. I like the fact he's a free thinker and not afraid to explore and champion views that fly in the face of mainstream thinking.

Vladimir Putin: According to Russian Intelligence, ISIS is Delivering “Stolen Oil” to Turkey “On an Industrial Scale”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/vladimir-putin-according-to-russian-intelligence-isis-is-delivering-stolen-oil-to-turkey-on-an-industrial-scale/5492685

Other sites (I can't verify how much truth there is in them) allege that business in the ISIS controlled areas is operating more effectively then most would in the West would expect and that goods such as oil etc. are moving around the country and crossing boarders while paying taxes/bribes to ISIS or the Syrian government or other rebels. So there is a good chance, apparently, that the oil from ISIS controlled areas is ending up in the legitimate oil refineries with a percentage of the revenue funding ISIS.

If the terrorists got their way there would be global warming on a grand scale.

Theydon't need to. The West is doing very nicely in that regard. The problem with simply laughing at the Prince's comments is it allows you to ignore debate. It's the dumbing down of Britain writ large. Oil is the motivator for teh West wanting to get involved in the Middle East. If we were really all that concerned about regime change where dictators are concerned, we'd be fighting all over the world. We're not. There's a reason. he knows what it is, and deep down so do you. It's easier to giggle than tackle problems though.

Theydon't need to. The West is doing very nicely in that regard. The problem with simply laughing at the Prince's comments is it allows you to ignore debate. It's the dumbing down of Britain writ large. Oil is the motivator for teh West wanting to get involved in the Middle East. If we were really all that concerned about regime change where dictators are concerned, we'd be fighting all over the world. We're not. There's a reason. he knows what it is, and deep down so do you. It's easier to giggle than tackle problems though.

The East are doing pretty well in warming things up; China and India?s ?crazy bad? smog has been masking global warming - Quartz

And there are some predictions are that India will surpass China as a superpower. Indian has small oil reserves, less than the UK.

The majority of the world's readily accessible reserves are located in the Middle East.

We've been fighting over oil in the Middle East, since it was discovered in the then Persia at the begining of the 1900's, nothing new there.

The East are doing pretty well in warming things up; China and India?s ?crazy bad? smog has been masking global warming - Quartz

And there are some predictions are that India will surpass China as a superpower. Indian has small oil reserves, less than the UK.

The majority of the world's readily accessible reserves are located in the Middle East.

We've been fighting over oil in the Middle East, since it was discovered in the then Persia at the begining of the 1900's, nothing new there.

Exactly, which is why, if we are serious about putting an end to the vicous circle, we need to get serious about replacing finite resources with renewable, sustainable ones. I may detest everything about a system which grants privilege to people like Prince Charles based on an accident of birth, but I can't claim he's been inconsistent over the years. He's long been a proponent of organic, sustainable methods of farming and sees the reality of global warming and the race for fossil fuels.

When renewable energy starts being efficient, and worthwhile, it will take off. The problem at the moment is that is has to be subsidised so heavily that people don't want to get too involved. Research is needed, because we can probably do things a lot better than we are at the moment. I'm not a believer of man made global warming, but moving to renewable energy will end up being both cheaper and better for our health.

The oil argument just doesn't stack up for me either, with Nigeria (and the lack of action) being one of the biggest arguments in that corner. I honestly do not understand why so little action takes place against jihadists in Africa.

Reply to all the trouble in syria is caused by global warming in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock