Discuss Angry Drivers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

been fixed now after the other driver's insurance paid me £800 more than the van cost me, as a cat C write-off. a £30 bumper from ebay and £10 worth of pudding, quick spray with a tin of hammerite silver, end of the day it's a workhorse with 183,400 moles on the clock, almost to the moon.

I've heard that these vans are stupidly reliable, how's it been for you?

I was going to buy one, but didn't have enough ££ so ended up getting a Citroen dispatch.

built like a brick sh!thouse. rear wheel drive, so although useless on icy roads, no failures of gearbox/cv joints/drive shafts. had mine for nearly 2 years, passed 2 MOTs without even an advise. total spends in 2 tears ( apart from the accident damage) £60 for an oil and filter change, £10 for a puncture repair.

I've got my eye on 2 at the moment 2001 in blue great bodywork and tidy inside £2300 and a 2009 new shape 120hp for £8500 but seeing as I couldn't even afford a flapjack today without borrowing 5p I think I'd better stick with my trusty Astra! One day I tell you, one day!

I've got my eye on 2 at the moment 2001 in blue great bodywork and tidy inside £2300 and a 2009 new shape 120hp for £8500 but seeing as I couldn't even afford a flapjack today without borrowing 5p I think I'd better stick with my trusty Astra! One day I tell you, one day!
go for the 2001 if it's tidy. offer £1500.

It would be ideal - it looks a cracking deal at £2300 but agree with you, go low and be beaten up! If you know what I mean!

i paid £1500 for my 2004, high mileage and a bit knocked about. insurance valued it @ £2600 a year ago. don't go above £2000 for a 2001.

mercs and fiats go a bit faster, but that's because the have to get to the scrapyards before they fall apart. hiaces don't rot.

just done my annual service on the hiace.

1. check oil.... same as last year.
2 check tyres...1,2,3,4, all there.
3. remove and vac air cleaner.... 300 dead flies now in henry.
4. empty ashtray.

watch this space Feb. 2018.

One of the most surreal moments I had, where I wished I had a dash cam, was driving to work on the M40 one Saturday morning.

Overtaking a car in lane 1, me in lane 2. Carriageway was coming off a crest, and about 500 yards in front, was another car, nose into armco in central reservation. Thinking that's not good, start apply brakes at (cough) 70mph. When suddenly, out pops from behind car in armco, another car, but heading in my direction in lane 2. That is, heading north on the southbound. I see the whites of his eyes, when I'm about to go into lane 3, when he does and drives straight by :eek:

Old chap, got confused at motorway junction, and joined the M40 via the off ramp. Ten collisions, and 20 miles later, he spun round and joined the normal traffic flow, and was pulled over. Luckily, no one was badly hurt. Might have been different story, on a weekday morning, with heavy traffic.

What cheeses me off with most of those incidents, is the drivers with the dash cams, can see the collision going to happen in front of them, but still continue on until the crunch. :mad:

What cheeses me off with most of those incidents, is the drivers with the dash cams, can see the collision going to happen in front of them, but still continue on until the crunch.
Yes, exactly. Defensive driving seems to be missing from driver training these days. Unfortunately folks seem think a collision won't hurt and I'm always right, so carry on :eek:

Reply to Angry Drivers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net