Discuss Anybody drive a Toyota Hiace ?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jasew

Thinking of getting one of these - seem to be rated highly by reviews on net.

Just wondered if anybody had one and could give me their opinion.

cheers

Jase

yep, I've got an 05 2.5 d4d

It's not fast, if you drive it hard you'll get 20mpg as well!!

However, if you drive it reasonably, you get 36mpg in mixed driving, and I just got 45mpg on a run to London. It's big enough to get a sheet of 8x4 (insert your chosen material here) in it, just!

1st gear and 5th gear are too short and it's happy in 5th gear at 45mph, which gives you some idea how it feels at 80!

BUT!!!

I really like mine. The best thing is that as long as you service it, it'll probably be going in 20 years. I kmow a bloke who sold one which had 350, 000 miles on it, and it's still going.

crap stereo though.:rolleyes:

HTH

Because of the engine position, they are an absolute sod to work on.

The back doesn't feel like it's in the same county as the front.

are they mid - engine like my nissan. sounds like a tractor but will last till rocker buys me a pint. LOL. ( no offence meant to rocker, his dog/cat/sheep/ or anybody else welsh as i,m an ex-pat taff myself)

When you say work on I hope you dont mean that you are doing your own servicing ? Surely thats a job for a trained and qualified person thats why so many garages and mechanics are out of work Bla bla bla.... Not a personal dig at you m8 far from it . Just trying to make a point to the self righteous, intolerent members out there that blame all n sundry for the state of the industry.
Because of the engine position, they are an absolute sod to work on.

The back doesn't feel like it's in the same county as the front.

When you say work on I hope you dont mean that you are doing your own servicing ? Surely thats a job for a trained and qualified person thats why so many garages and mechanics are out of work Bla bla bla.... Not a personal dig at you m8 far from it . Just trying to make a point to the self righteous, intolerent members out there that blame all n sundry for the state of the industry.
fair comment, but people gripe about an electrician charging £20-£25 / hour, but will happily part with £90/hour to have their chariot serviced.

Engine's under the bonnet just set back a bit. I've not had much trouble with it. Cam belt is an easy enough job on it.
If I'd had an extra £4000 I'd have got a late Vivaro. I hear that after 06 they sorted the gearbox breather issue.

Reply to Anybody drive a Toyota Hiace ?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net