Discuss anyone else sitting there 2395 tomorrow? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you are still interested in the EFLP diagrams then if you look on my profile in my albums I have the TNS , TT and TNCS paths with a little more detail on them, more than is required for the exam (except perhaps labelling the line conductor), only single phase though.

All you need (mainly) is in guidance note three and since you have been revising steadily you should be OK so long as you approach the exam calmly and read the questions and ensure you do not get time locked into a question.

when did you sit the exam ? seems very quick reply from c+g regarding the results they normally take ages.
i did my am2 with eal and got the results through email at 10pm that night

same as everything some do drag there feet.

i got an email to say they recieved my jib card paperwork on the 6th and it hasnt progressed past received yet lol

Last edited:
i did my am2 with eal and got the results through email at 10pm that night

same as everything some do drag there feet.

i got an email to say they recieved my jib card paperwork on the 6th and it hasnt progressed past received yet lol

Sounds about right.......they want you to spend the extra paper on the fast track service, robbing bar stewards lol

Last edited:
as far as i understand it, the NVQ is a MUST, but you have AM2 what i did think was a part of the NVQ shanky will be able to help more.

havant you got to wait about 3mth to find out the result of the 2395

as far as i understand it, the NVQ is a MUST, but you have AM2 what i did think was a part of the NVQ shanky will be able to help more.

havant you got to wait about 3mth to find out the result of the 2395

Thanks guys btw. Random question can I get jib with level 2-3 2365 2395/5 17tg and am2? Do I have to have nvq
if you trained after 95/2000 i think it was you need the nvq to get a gold card

the best you will get without it is a provisional grade or trainee

Provisional Electrician(Gold Card)Valid for 18 Months

City and Guilds 2360 parts one and two OR full City & Guilds 2351
OR City & Guilds 2330 Levels two andthree
PLUS the AM2 assessment.

You must achieve the full Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment(Buildings, Structures and the environment) before your card expires.Only one provisional card is issued. This card is not transferable. Should you leave your employer, thiscard becomes invalid and an ECS card that reflects your qualifications within the rules of the scheme mustbe applied for. This may result in the downgrading of the ECS card held.

So the 2365 was replaced with the 2330, so i take that as a tick
AM2 ticked
NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment AKA 2357

I hate LAWER talk, its more harder to read than normal.

I am not sure, but under the impression when reading that 2356-99 was a upgrade from the 2330/2365 to NVQ standards but would also need the AM2 as well. (The AM2 is a part of the NVQ 2357 but they keep talking about it as if it was seperated)

Last edited by a moderator:
Provisional Electrician(Gold Card)Valid for 18 Months

City and Guilds 2360 parts one and two OR full City & Guilds 2351
OR City & Guilds 2330 Levels two andthree
PLUS the AM2 assessment.

You must achieve the full Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment(Buildings, Structures and the environment) before your card expires.Only one provisional card is issued. This card is not transferable. Should you leave your employer, thiscard becomes invalid and an ECS card that reflects your qualifications within the rules of the scheme mustbe applied for. This may result in the downgrading of the ECS card held.

So the 2365 was replaced with the 2330, so i take that as a tick
AM2 ticked
NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment AKA 2357

I hate LAWER talk, its more harder to read than normal.
if he has the 2330 then he can skip the tech certs and go astraight to the nvq after doing a bridge unit which is basically a joke.

what does pv stand for, what colour pipes for grey water etc.

the 2356-99 is for electricians that have over say 5 years experience and needs a reference and more intensive test

Last edited:
if he has the 2330 then he can skip the tech certs and go astraight to the nvq after doing a bridge unit which is basically a joke.

what does pv stand for, what colour pipes for grey water etc

he dosnt have 2330, he isnt old Enough :p 2365, but i did think that was a updated version of the 2330
and ECS dont say it like they do with the 2330 because they are SLOW and BEHIND updating bits like that

not sure about GRAY Water myself, sounds like Trent Water, one site and you will be Shipping back in the river ya just drank from

Reply to anyone else sitting there 2395 tomorrow? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net