Discuss Anyone got Wiha Torque screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I sort of hear what they are saying though. The MCB recommendation may not be the same as the cable manufacturer recommendation so which one would you follow? Or just use your hand and common sense to terminate properly.

Yeah I usually do all the breakers with the torque driver and then all the met and neutrals bars. I leave the 1mms till the end and do them by hand to avoid having to re terminate.

Anyone who would tighten a termination and see the cable snap, and not question the validity of the recommended tightening torque or the torque driver, needs their common sense taken into question IMHO

I can understand the first few times. Nice new tool. Don't want to slag it off yet.

Then after the 10th time - bolloxs to this - bottom of my toolbox until the next van tool amnesty....

I'm surprised you highly trained God like electricians which you all claim to be don't follow the regs and use one. Baffling

Far from it mate. I have made many many mistakes in my time. Hopefully learnt from them all. Just don't trust those drivers that is all. I trust my own judgement better. If they work for you mate all good. They just don't work for me.

Which regulation would that be then?
bc09fb2a9d74ad64075962e590723604.jpg

if you use the torque setting and it weakens the mechanical strength of the conductor you are going against the regs.

it only advises to follow manufacturer's instructions it doesnt say you should blindly follow them

bc09fb2a9d74ad64075962e590723604.jpg

if you use the torque setting and it weakens the mechanical strength of the conductor you are going against the regs.

it only advises to follow manufacturer's instructions it doesnt say you should blindly follow them

I agree. It says you need to 'take account'. So if you read them and made a call on site that they are not appropriate then continued anyway to follow the manufacturers recommendations then you would still be in violation of this reg.

Very carefully worded reg...

Reply to Anyone got Wiha Torque screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net