Discuss Are LED Light Bulbs Safe? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

When we were renting and moving house every couple of years, I had a big box of lightbulbs, and on moving day I'd take out all my CFLs and LED bulbs and put back all the tungsten and halogen ones that were there when we arrived on my way out, then walk into the new place and put them in, putting the existing bulbs in the box ready for storage. Now we're staying put for the foreseeable the box is in the loft...

But what I meant to say was: if you're after decent LEDs at sensible prices, CPC are often a good bet, and they'll also sell you 110° beam GU10s rather than the 40° ones most places have, which makes a massive difference to the amount of useful light you get.

Just by the way....hobbling about with a crutch at present and I'm getting a bit sick of folks asking me where my parrot is...and telling them to shut it before I poke their eye out with my crutch.:rolleyes:
Why not just get an eye patch and a stuffed parrot easier to have ammunition to throw at people you don’t like instead of falling over trying to poke eyes out with your crutch.

and put back all the tungsten and halogen ones that were there when we arrived on my way out,
Oh my those are very fancy and modern. I still haven't switched from carbon to tungsten yet, though I have mostly upgraded from paraffin.
bulb.jpg

This one was probably made sometime around the 1920s, I wonder how many LED lamps will still be working at 100 years old.

My not so smart 6W candle LED bulb ,on a wander lead detects if I've kicked the extension lead ,
with the hoover plugged in- &-running as well.
Using a surge protecting socket now !
( Bright Flash ..then plunged into darkness - Killed not worn out )

Oh my those are very fancy and modern. I still haven't switched from carbon to tungsten yet, though I have mostly upgraded from paraffin.
Tungsten was definitely a step backwards in terms of reliability.
Halogen more so.
CFL was a stopgap solution.
I have every expectation some of my LED lights will last well over 20 years.
Also my three bed semi with every light on including the floods in the garden uses under 300W. I'm willing to accept the occasional replacement.

Reply to Are LED Light Bulbs Safe? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net