Discuss Are Wholesalers eating into your margins? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

From some of your comments it sounds like I am lucky where I am. We have an independent in Harlow called K R Electrical who are very good. Also the local Toolstation and Elecfix are well staffed. Do have a few of the larger wholesalers that do not give a monkeys unless you are a big band though! I am only a sole trader.

to be honest its your own fault for getting to that stage of the job then realizing you needed the parts , then going to wholesalers and taking a gamble theyre in stock , a phone call ahead doesnt hurt , getting all material before giving start date doesnt hurt , but still i can see where your coming from ,my wholesalers is prettygood with me as i have a old school friend who is manager :D

Wilsons I mentioned are very good well stocked and will always do deals to be cheaper, the guys behind the counter know their stock, and if they dont have the part they will usually get it next day. If we request parts on a regular basis, keep them in stock for us. After 7 years i can say I am pleased with my electrical supplier

Wilsons are really good, I use hersham and weybridge quite a bit, never had a problem, hersham branch is really well run and the opening times are amazing think the older chap gets in a 6:30/7 so can pick stuff up and still get to the job at 8 :) the owner of wilsons son is the manager I believe.

We deal mainly with Weybridge, and use Guildford on acasions, never had any issues all lads know there products.

I swear I get bent over and shafted every time I walk through the door at cef ltd, only a small branch, they have a manager, a rep, a delivery driver, 3 counter staff and kev who no one knows what he does!! plus rental on building plus business rates on building, that's a **** load of overheads that all have to be payed for and every time I get my end of month bill is swear I pay for them all!! any cheaper online supplies greatly received!

Wilsons on only in Surrey, but have beaten ever other wholsellers price. On items we order regualar such fp200 they lowered the price, and keep unusual stock just for us, like fire alarm switch fused spurs. So they have gone out their way to be cheaper and carry the stock we need....cant ask for more

Reply to Are Wholesalers eating into your margins? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net