Discuss Asbestos the silent killer in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

very good post

Just want to say I had my team and myself sent on an asbestos awareness level 2 course. It was worth every penny.
Alot of knowledge gained by everyone. We have also won extra work whilst others have been quoting, due to our approach of making customers aware of the asbestos present and the care and procedures we will take.

Unlike others that do not seem to notice the risk to there own health let alone the customer present at the time.
:)

I see a few jobs advertised needing asbestos awareness certificates, quite low paid and all seem to remain unfilled, must be a lot of asbestos as its 1960's offices and shops getting re-fitted, wonder who gets the blame if action gets taken in the future at some point by new owners/tennants or public that have been in the building if the stuff gets disturbed and ends up causing harm....would the contractor that got told not to remove it and just work around it get sued...

Hi Chaps,

Just renewed my asbestos awareness online again yesterday.

Have some course notes if anybody would like them.

Inbox me if interested.

Cheers

Inbox me if interested.

I think you'll need to make a few more posts before the PM system becomes available to you. Unfortunately it's an anti-spam measure that was necessary to prevent all members getting buried in unsolicited advertising.

if it is a textured ceiling coating within a domestic property it is easy enough to remove yourself without worrying, suit up mask up, apply paste to the ceiling area which you are wanting to work on, leave for around 10 minutes to soften and simply scrap off and straight into the red bag, tie off the top then put your suit and mask in the remaining slack at the top of the bag and tie again. then double bag and all done, jobs a sausage.

The last part of the job is to get rid of the waste. By using the red bag you have concluded (as the waste producer) the waste is hazardous. If DIY by home owner then some council tips will take it. If commercial waste then a registered waste company has to be found to take this one bag of hazardous waste, which is when it gets expensive.

Reply to Asbestos the silent killer in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net