Discuss Bank Holiday Wholesalers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

walsall

Hi, Does anyone know of a wholesaler open today around North London/Herts/Bucks? I urgently need a short length of 3c 25mm SWA.... Thanks

....or if anyone within 50 miles of St Albans has 5m of 25mm 3core SWA left over from a job they want cash for that works too! Don't need glands or cleats.

Come on guy's there must be someone near the Op to help him out, anyone working on a Bank holiday deserve's a bit of help!

Thanks Spartykus & GMES. Having checked the calcs I could manage with 5m of 16mm 3core if that's more likely to be in someone's van! Someone stole the cable from site and big concrete lorry arrives at 7am tomorrow :-(

If it'll get you out of a hole, what about local scrappies/demo sites? Try where you take your waste. Bit rough but may help till you can get to the wholesalers tomoz. Take yer mft with you to test.

Last edited:
Hi, Does anyone know of a wholesaler open today around North London/Herts/Bucks? I urgently need a short length of 3c 25mm SWA.... Thanks

You could alway use 2 X 10mm 3 core SWA as a parallel supply, ...if of course you have the cable and glands on the van... lol!!

The whole of UK seems to shut down Bank holidays, except the shops and mall's that is!! Hey what about the sheds, do they carry 25mm SWA, ....hmm probably not!!

I have 5m of 4core 35mm ...nearest I can find but Im not within range ...so sorry ...I would go and get 5m of ducting and put cable in afterwards

You could alway use 2 X 10mm 3 core SWA as a parallel supply, ...if of course you have the cable and glands on the van... lol!!

The whole of UK seems to shut down Bank holidays, except the shops and mall's that is!! Hey what about the sheds, do they carry 25mm SWA, ....hmm probably not!!

Eng can't you pop over and help him out, although it may become the most expensive 5m of 25mm swa in history.

Prysmian LV Armoured 6943X 3-Core Cable 16mm² x 25m Black | Armoured Cable | NoLinkingToThis

Screwfix sell 16mm but it is pricey and i think you can only buy in 25m but they will be open and if the job is desperate.
Best i can offer mate sorry.

Why are we all going down the cable route... reflecting my last post go to DIY shop as many are open and get some ducting ...simples! Leaving you to get the correct cable in your own time.

Why are we all going down the cable route... reflecting my last post go to DIY shop as many are open and get some ducting ...simples! Leaving you to get the correct cable in your own time.
Good point Darkwood I missed the concrete part of the thread,I agree ducting will be more available today and gets the op out of trouble.
I can see now why you are on the big money.

Rather assumed it was going in ducting and was needed to supply a pump to extend the range of delivery. Didn't assume direct burial.

No need to inform Mensa yet it wasn't exactly the biggest box to think outside of ;)

Sarcastic sod , I take back my compliment with both hands :tounge_smile:

Geordie lad saves the day!

I might have found him some 16mm 4 core within reach. It'll get him out of the hole he's in, unless some other pikey git thieves it between now and the concrete truck turning up.

Reply to Bank Holiday Wholesalers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net