Discuss Been let down at last min' by Solar PV Installer !! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

danesol

Been let down by my Solar PV Installer as they seem to be cherry picking now due to the amount of orders coming in and the new cutoff date now set at Dec 12th for the max FITS payment

Anyone out there interested in supply/fitting a 12 Sanyo 240hits / SMA SunnyBoy 3000TL array on a south facing garage roof in East Cheshire within 2weeks ??

The garage was built 14yrs ago and is structurally sound with concrete tiles and measures 3.5 x 6200 long

Im sorry i cant help either - all i wanted to add is Sanyo 240SE10 are unlikley to be available, ive tried in vain today to get some and had to settle for 250w panels, maybe you might have more luck choosing another system.

It's funny last week customers all want Sanyo or fussy about make of panel. Now their begging to have any old s=*t whacked on the roof.
I have just had a customer say go ahead with 10KW on barn roof. But am struggling to get hold of panels.

I have just returned 2 deposits for sanyo systems.....had ordered a while ago got let down by my supplier.

Not sure if your customer is cherry picking?

I couldnt get rails or panels

I doubt it is a case of cherry picking. Your installer hasn't got time to fit everyone in. Put yourself in the position of someone running a small business - you never get comfortable with turning down work.

It seems installers who don't carry stock are fortunate in getting quality panels.

As a customer waiting for an install (hopefully commencing tomorrow), I have gone from the installer not being able to get LG250 panels yesterday, so he ordered some Samsung 247 panels which turned out to have been oversold due to stock levels changing so fast, but mananged a couple of hours ago to order in some REC 245 ... phew!

Full credit to the installer for coming up with the goods, but what a chaotic situation you installers are having to deal with.

And yes, last week I was a fussy customer carefully choosing my panels, inverter and installer ...

REC 245w panels are excellent and your installer has done well to get hold of them. I'd say they're a much better option than Samsung 247 so you've done ok there. Fair play to your installer for coming up with such a good alternative.

Cherry picking? you try getting equipment now and see if we're cherry picking :-(

Sorry I didnt mean that in a "general negative way" about installers in general. I didnt explain fully either, but there is an issue with the installation and they would rather do other work more lucrative than mine - thats what I really meant by cherry picking - they would prefer NOT to do mine now and Yes if I was in their shoes I suppose I would be doing the same but I need to find a replacement installer with 240 panels or at best other suitable panels (even though I really wanted Sanyos ) for the size of roof.

According to me - albiet its tight, 2 rows portrait, 6 long. And i can do it either next Friday or Saturday if that helps.

If you want to continue, please send me a PM or through contact form on website.

@danesol - I understand your frustration, but here's an insight into the pressure we are receiving. 3 customers have paid deposits for 16 x 250w panels on Friday (on the rumours the FiT would drop), orders placed Friday PM but informed by our suppliers that the panels are out of stock, re-checked stock levels with supplier for an alternative (247w was the best available that would still fit on the roof available and requoted the SAP figures) - slighty more expensive but contacted customers and said we would absorb the cost, once agreed went to order - out of stock (within half a day) - I have now sourced 250w panels at an extra £1000 (we can't absorb that - we had to pass it on) - we have had one customer agree the price rise and have ordered the panels, but their stock levels fell by 25% in the 15 minutes we took to contact the customer - I'm not holding out hope for the rest I have left messages for, our main supplier we have used since the start is now totally out of UK stock and is sourcing from the rest of Europe to even beat this crazily short deadline (cheers Greg)

It is unbelievable how quickly it is changing! we are sourcing everything in German and Italy (and paying for it!). We have stock in Italy which we are getting sent across, including every <4KW inverter which is in stock and suitable for the UK market.

Our problem is we have run out of Gen meters...

Luckily for us we only normally offer one panel, and we know we have it.

Crazy Crazy Times.

Reply to Been let down at last min' by Solar PV Installer !! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net