Discuss Best value fire rated downlights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi everyone,
Been fitting the cosmos eco from Screwfix, but more time-consuming as yiu can't loop in / out. What's you're best push in easy fit alternative...under 72 quid?
I use the lap cosmos. IP65, fire rated and dimmable. I've never had one fail. I keep a couple in the shed in case one does fail and screwfix don't sell them anymore.

They have 2 push fit connections for each of the line, neutral, earth and a spare, so I'm not too sure what you mean by 'loop in', as they are designed to take 2 cables, one in, one out.

Here's a picture of the inside
cosmos.jpg

You likely won't beat the price of those for a full integrated unit without going cheap ebay, but that's likely for a reason (though I've fitted plenty of LAP ones with not many comebacks).

Last job I did where I was definitely NOT going back, I used the Aurora EN-DLM981X ones - need to buy the lamp separately, but means tenants or handyman can change them.

Fitting about ÂŁ4, Bezel ÂŁ2.68 for an IP65 or ÂŁ1.26 for a non IP rated one - then a couple of quid for the lamp and you're sorted.

I think they do a version with push fit terminals and one without.

I'm going with the Luceco F-type for my current job, they seem well made and have a decent loop in/out terminal - 10.78 a pop at Toolstation and changeable bezels available so ideal for decorating, etc.

You likely won't beat the price of those for a full integrated unit without going cheap ebay, but that's likely for a reason (though I've fitted plenty of LAP ones with not many comebacks).

Last job I did where I was definitely NOT going back, I used the Aurora EN-DLM981X ones - need to buy the lamp separately, but means tenants or handyman can change them.

Fitting about ÂŁ4, Bezel ÂŁ2.68 for an IP65 or ÂŁ1.26 for a non IP rated one - then a couple of quid for the lamp and you're sorted.

I think they do a version with push fit terminals and one without.

I'm going with the Luceco F-type for my current job, they seem well made and have a decent loop in/out terminal - 10.78 a pop at Toolstation and changeable bezels available so ideal for decorating, etc.
I'll check those out cheers pal. Yiu ever had a problem with new LED downlights tripping the RCD?
Checked all wiring and no faults?

I use the lap cosmos. IP65, fire rated and dimmable. I've never had one fail. I keep a couple in the shed in case one does fail and screwfix don't sell them anymore.

They have 2 push fit connections for each of the line, neutral, earth and a spare, so I'm not too sure what you mean by 'loop in', as they are designed to take 2 cables, one in, one out.

Here's a picture of the inside
View attachment 64126
Cheers pal

I always buy lamp separately and gu10 fittings.Cannot for the life of me understand integrated downlights. Who wants a light they can change the lamp in? Then when it fails, they no longer manufacture it. Absolutely stupid idea just don't know why any self respecting person fits them unless you just want another call out when it goes out.

I always buy lamp separately and gu10 fittings.Cannot for the life of me understand integrated downlights. Who wants a light they can change the lamp in? Then when it fails, they no longer manufacture it. Absolutely stupid idea just don't know why any self respecting person fits them unless you just want another call out when it goes out.
I more or less agree - although it seems that GU10 LED bulbs sometimes fail quite a lot more often than integrated LEDs (David Savery has been having rants on Twitter recently about lots of "Philips" ones failing on his jobs.

Usually easier to swap a bulb than a fitting in any case I agree - though with the cheapo LAP integrated ones I sometimes fit I have to Wagolite and flex them anyway, so sometimes easier to switch than a fitting with a poor fitting bezel.

Fair point. 12 year life isn't too bad though tbh..

I've only fitted integrated for a for quite a few years now, I've fitted literally hundreds, probably into the thousands, of them.
I don’t have a problem, good quality, 5 year guarantee, 10 000 hours life.
I won’t supply cheap lampholder ones now.

Reply to Best value fire rated downlights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net