Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss BPT door entry video handset HELP! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

krzmar969

3.jpg
Hello there

I am looking for your help and advice about broken printed circuit board in BPT video handset.
Somebody tried to disassemble it in the flat where I have started new work and now I try to find the least expensive solution to this problem.
The system is BPT 100 Series but I am not quite sure, so I took several pictures to show you guys.
As you can see there is a label on the board AS VM/100 AL - 1 it is the cracked one but there is another one I could no disconnet from big board
2.jpg

5.jpg
I think the handset symbol is VKP/100 CP but I am not sure
14.jpg
Here are some more pictures
15.jpg 10.jpg 17.jpg

I can replace the cracked board but where shall I look for it? I also can buy an old handset and try to replace some parts or buy some refurbished handset and put it on instead broken one. I can send it to somebody who can fix it and pay for it too, no problem at all, everything depends on costs and time.
Different video handset is out of the question unfortunatelly.
Enyone has idea what to do, please?

with care and good eyesight, that can be repaired.

picture 7 is your saving grace there. This is totally fixable, but you need the correct tools.

Very fine drill - 3/4 track width ish.....soldering iron with fine point, solder, solder sucker, small vice, jumper cable(insulated) and a steady hand. This looks like its a single layer job, and if thats the case, you can fix it. It should be fairly easy, but depends how much usage has been attempted after the physical damage happened. the pots look as though they are still in tact.

Good luck with it, or the alternative is to replace it. Probably the most cost effective way.

Thanks, I agree with you that somebody with a good eye and confident steady hands can fix it, but this is not me:( I have never tried to play with boards and soldering tool and even I do not have proper precise tools. And from other hand even refurbished handset is quite expensive, I have just got one quotation and I am really shocked!
So, it looks like I need somebody's help with this task
Is out there someone from London willing to try it and get some extra revard?

Reply to BPT door entry video handset HELP! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net