Search the forum,

Discuss Brick wall lights - SWA cable connections in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What adaptable box? I'd take the SWA directly to the first fitting.
Where would you situate your glands when there is a recessed light which is around 8cm deep? If you are suggesting behind the light, this is quite deep into the pillar and it would be difficult to work with glands (or squeeze the armoured cable into this space) inside that confined space?

Where would you situate your glands when there is a recessed light which is around 8cm deep? If you are suggesting behind the light, this is quite deep into the pillar and it would be difficult to work with glands (or squeeze the armoured cable into this space) inside that confined space?

Without actually seeing the particular situation it is impossible to day for sure.

I would expect to gland the SWA onto the backbox for the fitting at the first fix stage.

If I had no choice but to joint the SWA onto another cable then I'd look to use a cast resin joint.

Without actually seeing the particular situation it is impossible to day for sure.

I would expect to gland the SWA onto the backbox for the fitting at the first fix stage.

If I had no choice but to joint the SWA onto another cable then I'd look to use a cast resin joint.
Images of the pillar are in my first post and I am struggling to understand what you mean by glanding on to the back box. For a start, it’s flimsy plastic and even if it were metal/sturdy, how does that work? It will be difficult to work with the glands in that confined space and the glands will be inaccessible as the box is plastered in. Is that a good idea?

Reply to Brick wall lights - SWA cable connections in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net