Discuss British trained Electricians working in Irish Republic in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

celt2005

DIY
Reaction score
Lads

Can you tell me if there are any requirements for British Trained Electricians working in the Irish Republic ?

Specifically, to do with Colour Vision Testing . In Irish Republic presently, you cannot wear filtered lenses to sit Ishihara Vision Testing , wheras in Britain, I believe it is allowed

Do British trained Electricians qualifications automatically allow them to work in Irish Republic ?

Asking this question for a young lad who cannot continue his apprenticeship due to this regulation here

No I very much doubt the qualifications directly allow it. NVQ or whatever is our National Vocational Qualification. Republic of Ireland will have their own but I bet you can do some sort of short course. Spoke to any house builders at all?

Thanks for posting. :)

Eyup, just noticed you're marked as a DIY. Was that by mistake?

No I very much doubt the qualifications directly allow it. NVQ or whatever is our National Vocational Qualification. Republic of Ireland will have their own but I bet you can do some sort of short course. Spoke to any house builders at all?

Thanks for posting. :)

Eyup, just noticed you're marked as a DIY. Was that by mistake?
Thanks Dan

Have asked some sparks about it, they don,t know as they are in the game a long time. I will check out supplementary courses but do not see why they would be necessary, as the wiring is the same

I will check out supplementary courses but do not see why they would be necessary, as the wiring is the same
The ROI is similar to the UK, but they have very specific differences and unlike the UK, it is actually a legal requirement to be a registered electrician (rather like the old Corgi / new Gas Safe scheme).

Some folks on here like @Risteard or @LastManOnline might be able to advise better.

I will check out supplementary courses but do not see why they would be necessary, as the wiring is the same
There are subtle differences in the testing requirements (and I have to say their requirements are very sensible!)
As above, you need to be registered there.

The ROI is similar to the UK, but they have very specific differences and unlike the UK, it is actually a legal requirement to be a registered electrician (rather like the old Corgi / new Gas Safe scheme).

Some folks on here like @Risteard or @LastManOnline might be able to advise better.
Thanks PC

Will try to find the extra needed to qualify in ROI , and post up, forgot the registration here

Reply to British trained Electricians working in Irish Republic in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net